Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Zettle card machine
« on: June 27, 2021, 01:00:51 pm »
Should have got one years ago!

Had it 2 weeks and it’s cut out the people  who come to pay with the words….. "can I do a bank transfer" then promise to do it straight away but a week later you still haven’t got it >:( >:(

And all the cheques I get for over £500 which normally I have to deposit in the bank ( under £500 I can use the phone App) can be done on it.

It super convenient
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lewis Newby

Re: Zettle card machine
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 03:58:56 pm »
I got one a few months ago and couldn't agree more, you know it's going into your account hassle free and those few £s & pence are well spend on peace of mind.

I must admit though I've had more cash payments then ever in the last year , I expected them to dwindle out not increase

dustee

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 08:46:07 pm »
How long is it before the money is actually in your bank account

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 09:07:14 pm »
Just checked the last one took 7 days

Lewis Newby

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 08:35:52 pm »
I think it depends what bank/card company the payment is coming from. I've just had confirmation my job from Friday 3pm has been paid into my account this evening , that's pretty good in my opinion.

It also opens up the opportunity for anyone perhaps not with the money till payday to just pop it on a credit card , not that I advise anyone to do that lol

dustee

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 09:34:07 pm »
Mike are you told that the money has been processed / accepted or do you have to fret and hope for the best for 7 day

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 09:38:00 pm »
Mike are you told that the money has been processed / accepted or do you have to fret and hope for the best for 7 day

I received this email this afternoon. It’s from a job on Friday in a couple of days it will show in my account

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 09:40:31 pm »
Also as I take the payment the machine says the transaction has been authorised and was successful, so I know I will get the money eventually

Lewis Newby

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 10:02:54 pm »
As soon as it's processed it shows in your app and then you get the email Mike has shown above. It's quick and painless , yes it's a couple quid off the job, but saves a trip to the bank/po and the parking/time to do so

Darran Pryce

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 08:31:42 am »
We have got one, had it around 2 months. I like it, but not a lover of waiting 7 days for the funds to be in my bank.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 05:50:16 pm »
The more I use this the more  I like it. Thinking of stopping accepting cheques and no longer accepting bank transfer.

They can even put in their email address and get a receipt emailed to themselves.  It’s works faultlessly quickly connect from my phone to the pad and verifies  the payment in seconds

Lewis Newby

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 06:57:10 pm »
And you can add tipping. Which I found out this week, went to take a payment prior to doing an eot this week and the customer added £10 tip to the job . Normally I would have been relying on the customer sending Bacs or leaving cash in the property as they were off early hours moving 200+ miles away. The security and peace of mind is great imo

Peter J Haigh

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 09:06:57 am »
May I ask, why did you settle for Zettle, there are so many choices out there it`s quite confusing, and what do you do in areas where the mobile signal is quite poor ?

Nobby

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 10:13:46 am »
I’ve been using Sum Up for a few years now and I’ve never looked back, funds are very often in my account the next day.  I’ve never waited 7 days for settlement , I think I pay 1.69 %. 

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 04:23:52 pm »
May I ask, why did you settle for Zettle, there are so many choices out there it`s quite confusing, and what do you do in areas where the mobile signal is quite poor ?

Can’t remember why I chose Zettle, perhaps I saw an advert for it just at the right time.

I might have been lucky but never had a poor signal problem.