This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james peters

Re: Why i dont like cleaning close neighbours
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2021, 06:10:12 pm »
kind of related... to mixing business with customers .
I had a long standing customer for about 22 years up until just before lockdown.
very nice family, very wealthy , had a building company that had built many houses and even won awards for their house building.
when their son who is my age  set up his home with his wife I also was asked to clean his windows also.

now , he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and could be very rude and looked down on me , but  put up with it as his parents were always good to me.

the son always paid on time , and over the 20 odd years or so  he learnt to show me some respect, although I still thought he had been handed daddys business on a plate without doing any hard yards. everything he had was down to his parents.

anyhow before lockdown I had him to quote for some work converting my garage into a utility, and also some small renovations inside my house.....he was the most expensive out of the quotes I had , but I decided  to go with him , as his father had built a very accomplished business .

before I agreed I discussed some dates and a timeline , as we were having a kitchen fitted soon after, and also as we have dogs we needed to make sure my partner was home . so we agreed everything and it was in writing with the dates and timeline etc.

my partner took some leave from her job as a renal nurse for the agreed dates.
anyway to cut a long story short .... he turned up a week late . his workers kept dissapearing  after ripping doors out etc , and we had to put the dogs in a kennel for a week.
the workmanship was appaling .

I had to stop him in the end , and ask for a bill for the work completed.
whilst it was extremely annoying , I couldnt help but remember how he would treat me all those years ago.
I quite enjoyed being the one in control.

needless to say I no longer clean his parents windows . I feel sorry for them . he is undoing the decades of hard work his father spent building the business .

Owenhargreavesmidf

Re: Why i dont like cleaning close neighbours
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 09:41:16 am »
Wow i never had this problem, wish you all the best.