This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Hypo & Front Door
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2021, 07:45:37 pm »
A bit of an update on the markings on the front door in this OP we were carrying out some of our regular domestic work this week and whilst cleaning a composite front door I noticed the same markings I found on the red door and presumed was caused by the hypo we used to clean the surrounding render.  The door pictured has never had any hypo used on it or anywhere on the house it belongs to and I'm now thinking it's not the hypo which caused the markings but the base colour showing through the top coating of the front doors.

That looks like the surface has been chipped or flaked off ????

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 09:01:53 am »
Sorry Simon, my eyes are not the best but I cant see where the grey door looks like the original red door with regards to the rusty brown residue..

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2021, 04:41:47 pm »
Sorry Simon, my eyes are not the best but I cant see where the grey door looks like the original red door with regards to the rusty brown residue..

Darran

You don't think those gold/yellow colourings markings look the same? I'm just wondering if you removed the top colour on both doors you'd posibly  find a gold/yellow base colour underneath. Not the best photo's and doesn't help that they are wet. The grey door by the way has nothing to do with us regarding the markings.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2021, 07:08:55 pm »
Sorry I see absolutely no common marks between the doors - to me the grey door has chip marks from keys swinging in the lock

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk