Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dannyak7

Carpet lines after cleaning!
« on: April 27, 2021, 06:31:34 pm »
I wondered if you guys could give me some advice.

A family member of mine had her carpet cleaned professionally last week and she was happy with the stains removed and the general clean. But she is just concerned about Mark’s left in the carpet after they finished. And she doesn’t want to complain if it’s something normal.

The lines are the triangle type you get when hoovering but just more visible. Is there a way of removing them ourselves and if not what should the company do about it?

TIA

john martin

Re: Carpet lines after cleaning!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:56:03 pm »
This is how they occur ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR6Dah4k7gk

The carpet cleaner is supposed to rake them out after cleaning with a long handled brush  .... 
But for some strange reason many carpet cleaners like to leave them there ... 
I suppose they think it shows the carpet has been cleaned   ...  to remove  , they might brush out but some carpets would need re damping  first .
Call the carpet cleaner and tell him you dont like the lines .

JandS

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 07:55:03 pm »
Vac them out.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

petermaybury

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 01:05:54 pm »
If they have been put there using heat then they will have to be taken out with heat.
It is a matter of somebody being lazy and not doing the job properly.
When I first started off I had a few complaints about it and quickly learnt to save myself the hassle of having people complaining behind your back.
This is typical of a customers reaction, many are too afraid to complain to you, they will just talk about you and not come back.
As carpet cleaners it is our job to restore the carpet to as near to when it was first laid as is possible. It did not come with a stupids pattern in the pile and different pile directions.

dustee

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 10:09:40 pm »
Try going on a carpet cleaning course  ,  they actually show you how to do this

Same

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 06:56:57 am »
Put a damp towel over the lines, and just iron it out, hope it will eliminate the lines.
However, it is the job of professionals to perform a thorough cleaning job, if you are not satisfied with their duty you can lodge a complaint which should be addressed timely, otherwise, you can demand some cashback.