This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Richards

Carbon build ups on oven
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:59:38 pm »
We are a fairly new oven cleaning business. We use the pink stuff paste, oven and grill cleaner from bookers, bio oven cleaner to clean ovens, but we need something more stronger to clean carbon deposits of the sides etc. We would like to use a product that is not caustic if possible because we have had a number of customers asking about the products we use. We need something stronger because the ovens are taking us to long on the bad ones . If anyone could give us ideas that would be great please

mjm

Re: Carbon build ups on oven
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 07:54:30 pm »
25 years ago i worked in a kitchen  we cleaned the  big ovens with   D9   
STINGS YOUR HANDS AND EYES AND MASK MUST BE WORN     but wow what a cleaning agent

tfr mix is non caustic  mix 1   to  5   works   alright too but not as fast as D9 ;D   

hypo mix 1 to 4   works great   spray librally   leave for 10 to 15 min      dip a sponge in a bowl of washing up liquid and water then  then take off with the water and fairy   

Simon Richards

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:00:47 pm »
Thankyou for getting back to us. Is hypo a caustic product please

mjm

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 10:16:03 pm »
Thankyou for getting back to us. Is hypo a caustic product please

yes its corrosive   so it has to be taken of with no streak marks on the metal   maybe i should not advise on hypo it has to be rinsed very  very well  i have only used it on my own cooker  not someone elses so i didnt care what happened  and it was a rental flat 5 years ago when i fist moved in  spray 1 to 4 mix on your taps as a test see how shiny they become