van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Scratched window-Help
« on: April 19, 2021, 08:09:07 pm »
Hi guys

I had a customer call me today and said i scratched there window. Not from cleaning it but from my pole being leaned against his house and it fell down as I went to reel more hose out. Apparently a 10 inch diagonal scratch but luckily he is saying it’s fairly light and not a deep scratch.

I’m not convinced it was me to be honest but he has been super nice about it and seems convinced a liquid glass or scratch remover type thing will fix it. He describes it as the sort of scratch that would probably come out with t cut (if it was on a car)

Can anyone advise what stuff I can buy for him? He seems happy for me to buy it and he will do himself. I feel terrible if it was me and feel that’s a fair solution.

Any advice  on what to buy.... Please 😞

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Scratched window-Help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:13:54 pm »
Update the guy has just got back to me and said he has found this...

http://glassnano.co.uk/ (£19.99)

He seems happy just for me to buy it and he will sort(just hope it bloody well works for him)

Has anyone used this?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 08:27:24 pm »
PPS another update. He has just said despite that being more of a windscreen (automotive) scratch remover then it’s “good enough for him if it works on windscreens”

I’ve wired him the £20. Hope it works now and no comeback!!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:42:10 pm »
Good luck with it - be interested to know how you get on - I had one a light  scratch about 2 inches long - took about 4 hours to polish out - it would have been easier to have paid for a new unit

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 09:04:45 pm »

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 09:06:20 pm »
Here is a picture. What really confused me was that’s not his window (it’s his neighbours) of which he then explained he was taking it from inside his window which gave the illusion it was his neighbours window.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 09:07:47 pm »
My pole was leaning on the side against the wall to the side of the window when I heard it crash to the floor when I went back to van. I guess the angle suggests he is telling the truth?

jk999

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 09:51:50 pm »
Is it the one on door if so it looks perfectly straight for your pole to have done that and also the scratch goes right to each side off glass if you understand what I mean, seems to perfect for me 🤔

mjm

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 09:57:19 pm »
thats not a scratch i would say its a crack   not sure that thing that you going to buy him will work  but good luck anyway

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 11:01:16 pm »
Is it the one on door if so it looks perfectly straight for your pole to have done that and also the scratch goes right to each side off glass if you understand what I mean, seems to perfect for me 🤔
Read post #5

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 11:01:40 pm »
thats not a scratch i would say its a crack   not sure that thing that you going to buy him will work  but good luck anyway
Read post #5

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 07:39:59 am »
Read post #5
Interestingly, if you look REALLY carefully the scratch extends onto the door frame too - cant think why that would be  ;)

Col

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 08:45:00 am »
I would pop round and see if it is scratched and not just a scuff mark from the pole which could be polished out.

jk999

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 12:06:39 pm »
If you ask me it doesn't even look like a scratch it looks like something at back off glass

NBwcs

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 01:16:39 pm »
I would definitely have looked at it first, can't see the pole scratching
It  more likely it will leave a scuff which would wire wool out in seconds.

swanson

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 06:51:43 pm »
No way is that a pole scratch.
It’s to straight and neat.

robbo333

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 07:08:07 pm »
Same as above, not a scratch, go and have a look.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 12:45:14 pm »
If he saw it happen, which I assume he did if he knows it was the pole, who didn't he say something at the time?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 02:46:24 pm »
He never saw it happen. He just heard the pole thud to the floor. Same as me I never saw it happen also. You’re right guys I am going to go over abs have a look(should have done that in first place)

swanson

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 06:48:30 pm »
Definitely wouldn’t take the blame for this one ???