This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jim bean

Karcher dirt blaster
« on: April 16, 2021, 10:38:29 pm »
Leaking from bottom of nozzle? Had  5 years use prob 500 hours ish so nothing major I’ve took it apart and cleaned it all out gonna test it tomorrow but it doesn’t seem to have any o ring at all?
Don’t fancy spending £50-90 on another nozzle
Or could I take nozzle off and get an adapter to the 1/4 quick release ? I have rang 3 local hose/ hydraulic companies and none could answer the question let alone have the part?!
I don’t jetwash much as you can tell🤣 mine is an karcher dirt blaster 050 nozzle it’s the old
Model hd7125x

Smudger

Re: Karcher dirt blaster
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 11:22:10 pm »
You'll probably take this as being rude but if you got 500 hours out of that you should think yourself lucky !!

by dirt buster - I will assume that is the same as a turbo nozzle ( fine jet where there is a ceramic plate to spin the jet into a cone of water.

Yes they wear out - usually on my turbo nozzles the ceramic plate cracks stopping the spin action - you can get repair kits  but for the hassle its simpler to get a new one

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jim bean

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 11:37:49 pm »
I want more than 500 hours out of it for what I paid it’d work out to £1.40 an hour at that! And it’s right as rain for me as an add on , people laugh if you’ve got an electric pressure washer but at 160 bar it does everything I need it for and I don’t need a forklift to get it out the van  ;D

zesty

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:43:29 am »
I want more than 500 hours out of it for what I paid it’d work out to £1.40 an hour at that! And it’s right as rain for me as an add on , people laugh if you’ve got an electric pressure washer but at 160 bar it does everything I need it for and I don’t need a forklift to get it out the van  ;D

Still would be much better for you to get a small petrol washer.

A 12lpm 3000psi machine would be ideal. Lightweight, and you’d get the job done twice as fast. Plus better reliability from all parts.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 01:41:44 pm »

PSI - isn't the be all and end all of pressure washing - flow is just as important

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 08:29:39 pm »

PSI - isn't the be all and end all of pressure washing - flow is just as important

Darran

Defo, a 3000psi 21lpm is far superior to a 4000psi 15lpm.

And a water pistol is far superior to a karcher  ;D

OP you won’t regret going for a petrol washer.