This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

what mix
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:11:14 pm »
i have a  facia and gutter clean tomorrow  but theres a small roof 6 mtres long 2 mtres high  directly  above the glass door entrance and above the ground floor windows  i normally do facias with tfr and roofs with 1 to 4 and surfacant mix

should i take a risk and just spray all the pvc and all the roof with the soft wash mix   or keep it seperate

mjm

Re: what mix
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 07:26:53 pm »

mjm

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 07:28:49 pm »
thats not the house its similar with facias white  should i just do a weaker mix of softwash and then stronger on roof

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 10:27:15 pm »
Should have no problem with the soft wash mix - in fact I would say once you have used that to clean the soffit fascia and gutters you won't like going back to TFR

Just do a good rinse down after 15 minutes using a hose or P/W then WFP the windows

we soft wash S/F/G's when roof cleaning - they come great - the only reason I don't do this as standard is its a ,to more equipment to carry around for the window cleaning boys

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jim bean

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 10:44:38 pm »
Should have no problem with the soft wash mix - in fact I would say once you have used that to clean the soffit fascia and gutters you won't like going back to TFR

Just do a good rinse down after 15 minutes using a hose or P/W then WFP the windows

we soft wash S/F/G's when roof cleaning - they come great - the only reason I don't do this as standard is its a ,to more equipment to carry around for the window cleaning boys

Darran

What is the mix for fsg with hypo? I’ve got my first barrel this week for some patios etc but may tie in a small front fascia and give it a try. What about polycarbonate roofs and hypo I’ve found tfr will bubble certain types of roof. It seems to eat away at the cheaper thinner stuff

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 11:16:31 pm »
never come across that so can't comment

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

jim bean

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 11:27:47 pm »
 I’ve never been on this part of the forum before but why is it such a big secret or is it due to legality of the use of it

Everyone’s using it on tiled roofs patios drives etc.

Doesn’t take a genius to watch YouTube videos and see what it does

I’ll mix up 3 strengths and test out at the job so I’ll know which to use anyway luckily I’ve priced the job at half a day to compensate, it’d be 2 hours max if I was confident with these methods 

mjm

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 06:55:50 am »
 ;D    thanks darren         

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 01:53:27 pm »
I’ve never been on this part of the forum before but why is it such a big secret or is it due to legality of the use of it

I’ll mix up 3 strengths and test out at the job so I’ll know which to use anyway luckily I’ve priced the job at half a day to compensate, it’d be 2 hours max if I was confident with these methods

You've answered your own question then

I'm not prepared to give advice about a product or use of when you clearly have had an experience with something ruining polycarbonate  when in over 11 years I've never seen or heard of - and to my knowledge no one else has - feel free to post some links etc..

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:20:17 pm »
We regularly  softwash polycarbonate roofs and never had a problem in 15  doing so in fact it will usually remove some of the yellowing with age . But if it’s really old and has UV holes in the outer skin you do need to be more careful as you can fill the cavity with the mix and it might not run out .

mjm

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2021, 04:29:23 pm »

Darran

you were right no more  tfr for me  softwash only

mjm

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 04:32:04 pm »

i only use it for final spots and stains  on ground level stuff

dont be going   flinging  this stuff around   on patios   etc

mjm

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 04:36:16 pm »
We regularly  softwash polycarbonate roofs and never had a problem in 15  doing so in fact it will usually remove some of the yellowing with age . But if it’s really old and has UV holes in the outer skin you do need to be more careful as you can fill the cavity with the mix and it might not run out .

is it a 1 to 10  mix for connny     or do  you do  a  weaker mix

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 04:55:24 pm »

Depends what you are trying to remove and the strength of your hypo we use 10% strength and dilute it 6-1 for  plastics you could use a weaker mix but that’s what we normally use , 10-1  will need a longer dwell time and is likely to dry out so we use it a bit stronger as it’s quicker,  it will occasionally turn some white plastic yellow but it always goes  back to white after a couple of hours , if in doubt use a weaker mix you can always make it a bit stronger if you need to .

mjm

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 05:01:54 pm »

Depends what you are trying to remove and the strength of your hypo we use 10% strength and dilute it 6-1 for  plastics you could use a weaker mix but that’s what we normally use , 10-1  will need a longer dwell time and is likely to dry out so we use it a bit stronger as it’s quicker,  it will occasionally turn some white plastic yellow but it always goes  back to white after a couple of hours , if in doubt use a weaker mix you can always make it a bit stronger if you need to .

got it   i use a 15%  sh   and a surfactant in it   

so i have  a 10ltre drum of it          in the van   then i add 1ltre of that to the 10ltre of water   for plastics  should i mix that 1 to 15 instead   

mjm

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 05:09:29 pm »
sorry splash i did not read your answer correctly  forget what wrote above

thanks for advice

jim bean

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 10:07:00 pm »

You've answered your own question then

I'm not prepared to give advice about a product or use of when you clearly have had an experience with something ruining polycarbonate  when in over 11 years I've never seen or heard of - and to my knowledge no one else has - feel free to post some links etc..

Darran

I’ve only watched a couple cleaning surfaces with it not pvc.
And so you won’t give advice because I’ve experienced something that you haven’t LOL
What’s that then to tfr on polycarbonate ?
Never seen it cause bubbles inside the polycarbonate panels?
I’m at the house this week so will take some photos

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 10:25:00 pm »
LOL
 ::)roll

No wonder you love old Nigel  ;) - anyway as you will see if you take some time out to look at some threads is that I'm more than willing to give out advice on my research and experience - I'll even spend many an hour emailing - this time I give free - as I say it's on experience and your already stating facts about tfr that I have never experienced or seen while researching - to that end I asked you to post a link - I'm still waiting .....

So with that in mind I don't feel I should give you the benefit of my hard work and experience as 1 I think it will be wasted time/effort and 2 you'll fail to use it correctly and try to hold me to account

Hope this helps clear up any misunderstanding regarding your enquiries

Darran