van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Anyone use the p40 softwash system pump?
« on: April 16, 2021, 04:22:30 pm »
just had my new machine delivered from Ben at Rutland pumps.

Beast of a machine for those bigger jobs.

Problem I’ve got is I’m not sure how to sort out the bypass? It seems you either have it off bypass which means constant pressure in the hose and Lance.

Or you turn it to bypass and it just stays in bypass, so  pulling the trigger in on the Lance does naff all.

Is this how these pumps work? Find it annoying if so!

Splash & dash

Re: Anyone use the p40 softwash system pump?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 09:52:03 pm »

Problem I’ve got is I’m not sure how to sort out the bypass? It seems you either have it off bypass which means constant pressure in the hose and Lance.

Or you turn it to bypass and it just stays in bypass, so  pulling the trigger in on the Lance does naff all.

I would give Ben a ring and ask him

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:22:15 pm »
I would also ask him to double check all the bolts before the machine falls apart

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 07:46:32 am »
I would also ask him to double check all the bolts before the machine falls apart

Darran

Did you have a bad experience?

zesty

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 07:51:06 am »

Yes will do mate.

Essentially I’ve been wating since 22 feb for it to be delivered.

They had issues with imports from Italy.

I was ringing Ben about every 3 days for updates. Then it turned up without a suction hose, so had to get thah sent out. Though the machine did turn up with a Honda engine for free (spec’d Loncin), as a sorry, which is good of him! Just the suction hose that was missing.

Basically I think Ben has been driven mad by the amount of phone calls he’s getting. So i thought I’d post on here before ringing him yet again on Monday.

Was gonna sell the rolltek, (my old machine) but after briefly testing the p40, it’s too powerful/cumbersome for smaller jobs. So will be keeping the rolltek for small domestic jobs.

It’s a great bit of kit, but has no quick release parts. It’s all jubilee clips - that’s the yanks for you.

It’s also just this bypass issue that’s a mystery. I’ll call Ben Monday.

I’ve used Ben several times in the past, always been good. They just seem too busy for their own good at the moment!

I don’t think many in the country have the P40 yet, it’s very new to the market here in the U.K.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 11:32:39 am »

Yes will do mate.

Essentially I’ve been wating since 22 feb for it to be delivered.

They had issues with imports from Italy.

I was ringing Ben about every 3 days for updates. Then it turned up without a suction hose, so had to get thah sent out. Though the machine did turn up with a Honda engine for free (spec’d Loncin), as a sorry, which is good of him! Just the suction hose that was missing.

Basically I think Ben has been driven mad by the amount of phone calls he’s getting. So i thought I’d post on here before ringing him yet again on Monday.

Was gonna sell the rolltek, (my old machine) but after briefly testing the p40, it’s too powerful/cumbersome for smaller jobs. So will be keeping the rolltek for small domestic jobs.

It’s a great bit of kit, but has no quick release parts. It’s all jubilee clips - that’s the yanks for you.

It’s also just this bypass issue that’s a mystery. I’ll call Ben Monday.

I’ve used Ben several times in the past, always been good. They just seem too busy for their own good at the moment!

I don’t think many in the country have the P40 yet, it’s very new to the market here in the U.K.

I cannot see anything on his web site about the one you have only the 150 ltr wheelbarrow one ? I had been thinking of getting one of those have you any experience with them ??

zesty

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 11:35:43 am »
The p40 isn’t on his website, the older but still very good p36 is.

The rolltek is a brilliant little machine. You want the one with the roller pump not the little electric ones he does.

The wheelbarrow version is the roller pump rolltek, and is well worth the investment.

I’m keeping my rolltek but needed a bigger machine for large commercial jobs... that’s where the p40 comes in. It’s in a different league.

I don’t have the wheelbarrow version of the rolltek as I got mine when they first came out, Ben put it on a trolley for me and I use a blue food barrrel for the chemical mix. The suction hose works in the same way as a pressure washer.

Wheelbarrow version does look worth while though. Only thing I would say is the p40 isn’t much more money, and will be better for commercial jobs. Saying that, I like using separate water butts for rinsing, whereas If you’re stuck with the wheel barrrow version, you can’t switch over to another barrel to rinse as easily?

Depends what you clean and how regularly you do so...

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 01:48:32 pm »

Darran

Did you have a bad experience?

yep,  2 brand new pressure washers - first one I started up the pump was totally f@@ked  - in fairness he sent a replacement pump but still had the aggro of spending the time taking off the knackered one and then putting on the new one

then BOTH machines have suffered the crank case bolts all coming undone - spilling oil everywhere - both seals f@@ked so had to strip re-seal with liquid gasket and thread lock bolts - did inform be but despite saying he would send oil and gaskets they never arrived - lost over 2  days work as they were working 50 miles from base + time to repair - cost me over £1k in time and lost work so far

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

zesty

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 02:36:51 pm »
I think since Bens expanded and employed more staff, it’s meant quality has possibly suffered.

I’m sure that’s why the suction hose for my machine wasn’t packed - staff!

He was always very good and knowledgeable when I dealt with him a few years back.

This is the problem with growing too quick!

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:15:33 pm »
Can't fault his knowledge - he,s always good on the hot box what's app group

But if you can't provide correct items, and even worse deal with issues of faulty equipment then your rep is going to suffer

Darran

zesty

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2021, 08:24:02 pm »
Can't fault his knowledge - he,s always good on the hot box what's app group

But if you can't provide correct items, and even worse deal with issues of faulty equipment then your rep is going to suffer

Darran

Absolutely agree.

I do like that Ben is always keen to keep up with the advancing technology. He’s always the first to have the latest softwash machines etc.

It’s just a shame when companies grow so quickly the logistical side of things suffers. That includes staff making up machines (nuts and bolts!) and packing suction hoses!

J Love

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 07:40:51 am »
Does this help?

https://youtu.be/yNcAB6TGKfQ

Look like a mean machine! 👍

zesty

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 08:25:28 am »
Does this help?

https://youtu.be/yNcAB6TGKfQ

Look like a mean machine! 👍

Nope, I’ve scoured YouTube, no one talks about the bypass!