This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dan marsh

Gutter poles
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:13:51 pm »
Hi all , my carbon fibre poles have done there time now . Not sure if to go heavy duty aluminium 8 sections for £320 or sky vac elite carbon fiber poles 8 sections for £1'500 .  Can I get opinions from everyone who has either of these poles . I'm especially interested to know if the new elite poles are any stronger than the previous ones . Thanks all in advance

Splash & dash

Re: Gutter poles
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 09:27:01 pm »
Hi all , my carbon fibre poles have done there time now . Not sure if to go heavy duty aluminium 8 sections for £320 or sky vac elite carbon fiber poles 8 sections for £1'500 .  Can I get opinions from everyone who has either of these poles . I'm especially interested to know if the new elite poles are any stronger than the previous ones . Thanks all in advance

We have the skyvac elite poles they are good but not as rigid as the ones I had from carbon fibre tubes years ago , I also have a set of alloy poles sat in the garage not been used in 15 years ,

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:31:32 pm »
Neither - you'll kill yourself using Ali poles - sky vac is so overpriced it's almost a crime

Go to carbon fibre tubes they do 2" modular high quality pole (2 meters each) minimum quantity is 5 but will set you back around £360 quid ( I think that's about what it cost last time brought 5)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dan marsh

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 05:44:46 pm »

Dan marsh

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 06:57:43 pm »

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 11:33:00 pm »
yes those
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

robert mitchell

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 01:24:38 pm »
yes those

Have you got any pictures of those gutter poles smudger?

Do they make a gooseneck for the end?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 01:37:33 pm »
I'll take pic's over the weekend

no they don't - you can fit an Ali goose neck from ( if they are ever in stock ) from grippa or the streamline one - I bonded it into the end of one section

Darran

robert mitchell

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 02:12:54 pm »
I'll take pic's over the weekend

no they don't - you can fit an Ali goose neck from ( if they are ever in stock ) from grippa or the streamline one - I bonded it into the end of one section

Darran

Cool , i love the look of the new carbon gooseneck from skyvac , great design but £238 quid!!!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:12:04 pm »
My personal opinion is a carbon fibre gooseneck is not going to last long unless you put a metal sleeve on the end - goose necks take a real beating and it's not conducive to carbon fibre - c/f poles are great for lightness

Darran

zesty

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2021, 08:18:15 pm »
Do those poles fit the sky vac flexible hose darran?

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 08:59:42 pm »
Do those poles fit the sky vac flexible hose darran?

With the rubber cuff on the skyvac hose yes they do I used to have carbon fibre tubes vac poles

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 10:17:02 pm »
Thx splash - I use 2" hose from century hoses seems tougher than what the vac sellers supply

Darran