This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Granny

RO Advice please.
« on: April 12, 2021, 08:39:02 am »
Hi looks like I will be going down the RO route in future.
I have a shut off valve in the tank in the van to stop it overfilling but it creates a lot of back pressure when I take the filling hose off the outside tap, if I leave it too long it shoots about 3 or 4 feet in the air!
Will this back pressure damage the membranes in the RO?
Can you get an RO that doesn't require a storage tank like an IBC but fills the tank in the van direct?
Thanks
Granny

jk999

Re: RO Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 09:48:32 am »
Alot of window cleaner s I know have the ro s in the van I think they are the same ro s that are used to fill storage tanks ,I still prefer to fill my tank in shed then fill my tank in van from storage

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 09:53:35 am »
Back in the day the tank in the van had everything on it 40” RO and pre filters if you have it all inside the van you’ll need a solenoid valve so when the tank is full it’ll shut off,filling like this is old skool now tbh much better using a 40” setup somewhere inside if you can eventually.
After I went WFP 6 months in I took everything off the tank and built a static setup with it much easier you can fill the van and have 2-3 more fills waiting so no need to keep filling every night if you are working alone.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 10:46:54 am »
You would have to measure the back pressure but I doubt it would be enough to damage an RO Membrane as the more pressure you have the better they work  but check the specs)

No need to have a static - just remember your van is out of action while its making water - so depending on your tank size - water pressure etc... you could be making water from 50 litres per hour through to150 litres per hour
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Granny

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 08:23:27 am »
Thanks for the help.
What do you use to get the water out of the tank in the garage to the tank in the van?
granny

mjm

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 08:49:40 am »
i use the one above fast but a bit noisy   i use to use a hose lock submersible pump  pump   quite     but it broke and i moved and i needed 50m pumping range so i bought the clarke

mjm

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 08:55:30 am »
get a constantly pumped system 400gpd  from purefreedom go to the garden centre get a 200 lltre  garden but garden centre may sell transfer pumps.
 bit of tranfer hose connecters   thats it get
or get 2 water buts put one higher than the other get the diverter kit from the garden centre  then you have 400 ltres of water on demand

thats how i used to do it works very well

mjm

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 09:08:32 am »
https:/https://purefreedom.co.uk/300-gpd-compact-reverse-osmosis-di-system-complete-with-booster-pump-mounted-on-frame.html/purefreedom.co.uk/200-gpd-compact-reverse-osmosis-di-system-complete-with-booster-pump-mounted-on-frame.html

any one of these above and buy the transfer pump below very quiet
https://purefreedom.co.uk/transfer-pump-kit.html

NWH

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:23 am »
A transfer pump that is as good as any you’ll buy from a WFP supplier can be got at Screwfix.

jk999

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 11:43:11 am »
I got my submersible pump from screw fix its about 7 years old only cost me £30

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 12:24:10 pm »
Yep they do a perfect job you want to get the transfer hose from a proper supplier though the ridged  green and white I use it last years I’ve got a spare 10 meters I got from Grippa although I think it’s slightly wider and mainly green.

jim bean

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 10:34:57 pm »
I’ve always used lay flat hoses. transfer hoses seem a little thin so surely takes longer?
 50mm lay flat hose and a Screwfix pump can do 250l in 5mins if it’s positioned well

Ggh

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 10:42:27 pm »
Get a loncin pump. 500 litres a min.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Granny

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 08:27:55 am »
Thanks for all the advice lads that's great, feeling a lot more positive about it now there may even benefits such as not using as much resin. I have 3 bags they will probably last for ages.
As for water barrels we have loads at our allotments.
I am on a water meter a concern is, are the RO's all pretty much the same for Waste to Pure Ratio or are there some poor ones?
Granny