This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Leaky vented water tank lid
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »
op's having trouble with the typing today - no more red wine with such me thinks  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 03:52:31 pm »
op's having trouble with the typing today - no more red wine with such me thinks  ;D

Darran

Crikey darran, you need a sit down mate!

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2021, 04:39:03 pm »
Jeeze - some terrible typo's going on here - No more wine with LUNCH  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dd

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2021, 05:27:40 pm »
When you’ve finished rubbing yourself reading over my old posts you might find that I said the small lid I had split round the lid itself,I then proceeded to drill the existing lid out with a 6” hole saw and replace it with a Grippa lid and problem solved.
It can say baffled on that picture a 1000 times it ain’t baffled there’s baffled and then there’s baffled,speak to someone that knows about tanks and the effects of correct baffling you will very soon delete the word baffled when you are referring to these static storage tanks.
You have me very worried, I actually agree with you on something, I do not think Wydale tanks are good either.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2021, 07:51:57 am »

I mean like this darran, the tank itself protrudes up to make a thread, then the black lid screws on.  So when the lid is off, you’ve got this ‘sticky up’ molded male thread.

Mines the other way round in that the tank has a recessed pop riveted thread. Always leaks.

I get what you mean, it is always male, it was a bad way of explaining it!

I’m going to change over to this style in summer, my mate never gets leaks, and doesn’t even use PTFE.

It’s a much better design.

This lid is the same as mine and most wydale tanks I would have thought....yours sounds like a different sort of tank?

I've had mine for years,no problems and no leaks...
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2021, 07:01:33 pm »
Yes daz, mines a different brand, my tank is from ‘ecosure’ theirs differ in design.