This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kordun

Low/high pressure hot system
« on: April 09, 2021, 04:55:31 pm »
Hi
Is there a machine that can do both low flow/pressure and heat like doff/thermatech for delicate stone/masonry cleaning and high pressure and high water flow for general car park cleaning

Thanks

Smudger

Re: Low/high pressure hot system
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:24:21 pm »
Yep my Honda Gx390 with inter pump and hotbox - use the correct nozzle and adjust the unloader to suit your needs

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 07:32:58 pm »
Yep my Honda Gx390 with inter pump and hotbox - use the correct nozzle and adjust the unloader to suit your needs

Darran

Out of interest what temperature can you get on low pressure and low flow , would it remove paint from a building like a doff ??? We have been asked several times to remove paint and I have said we don’t have the kit to do it . Do you think there’s much advantage to using hot water for normal drives and Patio cleans ??

kordun

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 09:44:25 pm »

Darran

Can you really go as low on water flow like doff/thermatech, 5-8L pm and 30-100bar?
Can some sort of gauge be put  on to see flow and pressure?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 10:04:07 pm »
Probably not quite that low but pretty close  10lpm and around 120 bar

It's all adjustable via unloader - nozzle and revs on the engine

I can get 150 degrees

Paint removal is hit and miss - I've had jobs where the paint peels straight off - others where it won't touch it - I suspect it's really old pant or lime wash - we offer a test piece for £500 to see suitability  - most paint jobs run into 5k+ as they are very time consuming and fraught with danger to the old soft brick

Give me a brick clean or roof clean over paint removal any day

Rarely use hot on standard p/w - I don't see any advantage in hot for these applications

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

kordun

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 11:41:09 pm »
Thanks Darran
I’ve got same pressure washer but want to add hot system. Do you think gauge can be added somewhere so you can see what pressure/flow machine is running

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 12:12:29 am »
you should have a gauge on your p/w on the unloader so you don't overpressure it

not sure about flow - I just did mine the old fashioned way by timing how long it takes to fill a 20 litre barrel  ;D

Darran