This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

How do i store pole hose?
« on: April 09, 2021, 03:51:26 pm »
feel embarrassed to ask the Q but i've just orders 100m of hose and i'm in a right mess with it all tangled.

whats the simple fix for sticking it on something so i can just pull the right amount off it as and when need?

thanks

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

Re: How do i store pole hose?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 04:00:36 pm »
You need to get the end in you’re hand and put the hose in a big area back garden etc,time after time you’ll need to keep threading the end through and pulling it out as far as it’ll go.
Once you’ve repeatedly done this about 10 times you’ll begin to see it all freeing up  👍

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:01:18 pm »
Do you have a spare garden reel ?

or get.a broom handle and drill a hole each end to insert wire/wire hanger put hose in centre and hang it up

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 04:03:57 pm »
is this pole pu hose or mini/microbore hose Richard - I read it as pu hose I think Nigels answer is for mini/micro bore

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 04:18:26 pm »
They should Mark it when it when it’s new if you guess the right way up it’ll go on the reel in under a minute,if you guess wrong you can be threading for up to an hour untangling it all I’ve been there many times.
When you first get a new reel of Microbore or Minibore tease a load out before you put it on the reel and connect it,you’ll be able to see if it’s the right way up.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 04:20:58 pm »
is this pole pu hose or mini/microbore hose Richard - I read it as pu hose I think Nigels answer is for mini/micro bore

Darran

in this instance its microbore but have the same problem with hose  :-[
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 04:48:02 pm »
Micro bore - I have a foot long piece of broom handle screwed to a wood base place the hose over the broom handle and pull from the centre of the coil

Darran

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 04:56:34 pm »
Yes but you can still have it the wrong way up Darren you must have guessed right every time,I know what you say you’re doing but if it’s the wrong way up it’ll still tangle in my experience I went a few times when I’d guessed right and had no problems but if it’s the wrong way up it can be a nightmare,5 minute job turns into an hour or so.

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 05:55:56 pm »
I use to go in an empty car park and unravel the lot in a straight line and reel straight on the reel, easiest way.

Always shining

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 06:02:58 pm »
That’s definitely the easiest way 👍

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 07:36:58 pm »
I use to go in an empty car park and unravel the lot in a straight line and reel straight on the reel, easiest way.

To be honest that’s what I tried and it still ended up totally tangled. Like NWH said I must have just picked the wrong end   :'(

Thanks for the ideas tho. Will definitely get myself a broom handle gadget  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 12:06:08 pm »
Electricians have the same problem with cable. You have to unreel it like Smudger says or you'll get twists.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 12:16:33 pm »
Makes no difference if you put it on a broom handle mop or snooker cue if it’s the wrong way round it’ll tangle m8.

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 07:54:14 pm »
Tried to upload pic but it’s hard work, if u post email I will send it over to u  .........

I keep the pole hose attached the to 8mm hose and disconnect at the jg connector going into the brush head.

If u are parked close to the job only the pole hose will end up coming out each time but it gives u as much length as u want this way.
Reels are fitted so don’t move which also makes easy work when winding back in.

jim bean

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 09:33:49 pm »
I only have a foot or two over the pole extended length of pole hose so just stick pole in an do a quick loop around a rack and job done

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 10:01:02 pm »
Tried to upload pic but it’s hard work, if u post email I will send it over to u  .........

I keep the pole hose attached the to 8mm hose and disconnect at the jg connector going into the brush head.

If u are parked close to the job only the pole hose will end up coming out each time but it gives u as much length as u want this way.

Sorry I meant storing a reel of pole hose so I can cut off as and when needed
iSparkle Window Cleaning

jim bean

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 10:13:35 pm »

Sorry I meant storing a reel of pole hose so I can cut off as and when needed

Reel it round and tape the end to rest of hose ?