This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward1

Suppliers
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
Doesn't it drive u mad when u can't even phone suppliers anymore .

Gardiners only answer email now !!

Smudger

Re: Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:45:39 am »
Honestly - NO

i've used email over ringing up for years - much simpler and have a record of what's been ordered

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 12:19:37 pm »
have to agree...

i've been on hold to the royal mail for over an hour on an order costing me over £6000 and cant speak to anyone.

ive emailed them last night and not had a response either

at least if they are focused on email they respond quicker and your not hanging around for someone to pickup and make excuses...
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 12:43:53 pm »
It depends what I’m ordering if it’s something that may get confusing on the online order form I’d rather speak to someone,sometimes a measurement may be wrong by me or an angle so I would prefer to check with someone this could be got over by maybe pictures of what the product you’ve ordered may look like.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 12:56:08 pm »
It depends what I’m ordering if it’s something that may get confusing on the online order form I’d rather speak to someone,sometimes a measurement may be wrong by me or an angle so I would prefer to check with someone this could be got over by maybe pictures of what the product you’ve ordered may look like.

yeh that is true actually

both have their place.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 01:04:48 pm »
Doesn't it drive u mad when u can't even phone suppliers anymore .

Gardiners only answer email now !!

We are very happy to chat with customers on the phone and in fact our Customer Service Team spend many hours every day talking with customers on the phone  :)

We have had to work at best managing the incoming stream of communication from customers though and this has only become more challenging since Covid and with some of the team working remotely from home now.

We have found the only way of fairly and simply managing this is to restrict 'initial contact request' via email. This has allowed us to improve the speed and efficiency of our communications.

Managing large call volumes with unevenly spread call times will often lead to frustration in one way or another, whether that is waiting in a never-ending telephone queue or being passed from department to department as many of us have experienced.

The email call request method means that a quick email to us will result in a phone call back usually within two hours and certainly within 1 working day. Of course customers do not have to receive a phone call back as they can also request reply by email.

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 09:47:51 pm »
In the past, if I had a problem, I've left a message and Gardiners have always phoned me back in a reasonable time.
AND with an answer to my problem; so they obviously looked at my problem before phoning me back. I personally think that's good service.

If I now have to email them for the same response, then that's ok.

What I hate, (and this in general, not Gardiners) is being stuck on the phone for ages being told...'I'm a valuable customer and my call is important to them, and I will be answered soon.' That is just patronising bullsh!t.

For me,  Gardiners service, over the years has been excellent and I am confident it will remain so.

PS Alex, I need 2 new top sections for my Xtreme (we'll call it quits)  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 11:45:20 am »
I use a pressure washing forum. Someone on there mentioned how when they turned up at a supplier without notice they were surprised how the phone never stopped ringing, at all.

Guess theres lots of people in the business that need gear.