This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EandM

Solar Panel Fungicide
« on: March 26, 2021, 11:16:11 am »
Has anyone used this or know anything about it?

Now UK approved, apparently.

Ggh

Re: Solar Panel Fungicide
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:01:46 pm »
Has anyone used this or know anything about it?

Now UK approved, apparently.

Which one?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:12:36 pm »
Whats in it ?

Hypo
Quats
Ammonia

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

GAZZA B

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 08:18:16 am »
How do you get Linhcin off panels?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 10:12:41 am »
Depends on the array...

Large commercial is pressure washing

Smaller ones I hypo first then I scrape with a Man special I made up to fit the end of the SL2

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Ggh

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 12:12:50 pm »
Don’t pressure wash panels or use anything without checking about warranty with manufacturers first. There are only a few approved products.
From £350/day

EandM

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 04:18:24 pm »
Don’t pressure wash panels or use anything without checking about warranty with manufacturers first. There are only a few approved products.

Yes, that thought exactly.

Product ID is unknown at this time.

I was about to clean a small solar farm and the customer contacted me after a visit from his installers.
Solar South West are apparently importing a new, Solar-Approved algae / fungicide from the States.

That doesn't elaborate much on my original post but according to Solar SW it's the only, approved solution in the UK at the moment.

I was hoping someone on here had been there first but obviously not.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 04:21:28 pm »
And you think because it's from the US it will be safer than hypo - over there they dip raw chicken in chorine  ;D

Darran

EandM

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 04:29:02 pm »
And you think because it's from the US it will be safer than hypo - over there they dip raw chicken in chorine  ;D

Darran

I've never used Hypo so I couldn't comment. I wouldn't order the chicken though :)

I doubt any specific, commercial product will be as good - only difference is it's approved by the panel company.

That almost certainly means it will be less effective.

Panels cost the customer around £250k so I'd expect him to err on the side of caution.

EandM

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 05:37:27 pm »
https://cleansolar.solutions/solving-the-solar-panel-cleaning-problem-no-one-is-lichen/

Link from customer

Very interesting article , my main concern is it’s steve williams who is the author he’s the one that said unless you go on his solar panel training Cleaning course you will die 😂😂😂😂 I don’t trust the guy  he tried to scare ones away from cleaning panels , now that’s failed  I feel he’s trying another tack you have to use his solution to clean them or they won’t be clean , he’s trying to line his own pockets , we have gone away from cleaning large solar farms as there is no money in it as far as Ime concerned and me and my staff hate cleaning them anyway the ones we do clean we have successfully removed licken  with hot water but do accept it takes longer and us much harder work , although manufacturers will not agree I don’t see that any bio product or hypo should affect panels if rinsed off property but you cannot afford to take a chance on panels under warranty as it would cost you a fortune if it went pair shaped

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 06:19:28 pm »
Splash - everyones out to make cash - Steve is just trying to make it a very lucrative market ( for himself  ;D )

I agree - all manufacturers will try to ban everything they can from being used - this in part is a way for them to avoid paying out or replacing panels due to poor manufacturing ( we get the same with caravan cleaning - even when dialled down to almost nothing and washed 6 feet away which is not as hard as a rain storm - they won't carry out warranty work - now we clean loads WFP at x4 our old price - but only takes x2 the time (but physically harder) customers not happy but to safeguard their warranty they bite the bullet)

As said before I've done tests with various installers and they with stand being dropped off a house roof - driven over in a truck and hit with a baseball bat - so they are pretty robust but you can only clean the way customers want you to clean them.

Is solar still offering out that huge payment of 35p a panel  ???  ::)roll

Darran

EandM

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 07:06:57 pm »
" Steve Williams is Europe’s foremost expert on lichen growth on solar panels "

That does seem like a bold claim :)

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 08:26:00 pm »
He probably is - he's spent hours studying them.

fact is you can get all that info within 10 minutes on google

but that doesn't sound as exciting

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 08:38:18 pm »
Splash - everyones out to make cash - Steve is just trying to make it a very lucrative market ( for himself  ;D )

I agree - all manufacturers will try to ban everything they can from being used - this in part is a way for them to avoid paying out or replacing panels due to poor manufacturing ( we get the same with caravan cleaning - even when dialled down to almost nothing and washed 6 feet away which is not as hard as a rain storm - they won't carry out warranty work - now we clean loads WFP at x4 our old price - but only takes x2 the time (but physically harder) customers not happy but to safeguard their warranty they bite the bullet)

As said before I've done tests with various installers and they with stand being dropped off a house roof - driven over in a truck and hit with a baseball bat - so they are pretty robust but you can only clean the way customers want you to clean them.

Is solar still offering out that huge payment of 35p a panel  ???  ::)roll

Darran

I do agree with what you say we don’t use hypo on panels but know it would be ok provided it’s rinsed off properly but if there was ever a problem I know whose door they would be knocking on with the bill to fix it .  Steve first offered us 16 pence per panel  you can guess what I said to that , we only ever did a couple of solindra panel jobs for him  it just wasn’t worth the hassle , I then picked up some large contracts with one of the biggest installers in the country ,  he phoned me up asking me pass the work on to him 😂😂😂 if I didn’t want it .

Ggh

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 09:26:49 pm »

Yes, that thought exactly.

Product ID is unknown at this time.

I was about to clean a small solar farm and the customer contacted me after a visit from his installers.
Solar South West are apparently importing a new, Solar-Approved algae / fungicide from the States.

That doesn't elaborate much on my original post but according to Solar SW it's the only, approved solution in the UK at the moment.

I was hoping someone on here had been there first but obviously not.

It may be the one we have. Via Sunbrush though.
From £350/day