Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CarpetKlean Rod

Do air blowers save a lot of drying time ?
« on: March 22, 2021, 11:08:06 pm »
I use a Airflex Storm and rinse with acidic rinse so what benifit is there to using air blowers, is it to stop browining  ?
Do they really speed up drying time as most carpets are dry in a couple of hours.

gwrightson

Re: Do air blowers save a lot of drying time ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:24:35 pm »

I do wonder why nobody is answering .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 06:00:37 pm »
I use a Airflex Storm and rinse with acidic rinse so what benifit is there to using air blowers, is it to stop browining  ?
Do they really speed up drying time as most carpets are dry in a couple of hours.

How do you know they are dry in a couple of hours? Do you go back and check ;)

I used to use a big ass truckmount and never got 2hrs dry time,  anyone who claims 2hrs dry time didn’t clean the carpet properly  or maybe it wasn’t dirty so they gave it a quick flick over
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

scott johns

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 06:16:09 pm »
does your washing get dry on a calm no wind day ?
or on a windy day with plenty of air movement ?

CarpetKlean Rod

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 09:03:56 pm »

How do you know they are dry in a couple of hours? Do you go back and check ;)

I used to use a big ass truckmount and never got 2hrs dry time,  anyone who claims 2hrs dry time didn’t clean the carpet properly  or maybe it wasn’t dirty so they gave it a quick flick over

It takes me so long to do a house by the time I have finsihed I can can always check ;)
By dry I didn't mean bone dry. Sorry for the confustion.

My question was mainly about stopping possible browing or wicking and the benefits of using blowers to help stop these.

CarpetKlean Rod

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:34 pm »
does your washing get dry on a calm no wind day ?
or on a windy day with plenty of air movement ?

Thank you, but does it help with browning and the likes, I only ask as I am reasonably new to this field.

edward coller

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 04:03:14 pm »
Hi good question, I have been carpet cleaning for around 20 years , been using various driers for last 5. IMO they do make a difference, both with poss browning, but with happier customers,whose carpet is dryer sooner. If its a local job, i often leave them and collect next day, also ensures customer is happy and can tell me if they arnt!

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 07:21:38 pm »
Never had an issue with browning but for getting carpets drier sooner you can't fault a couple blowers.i would carry note if I had space ,customers will notice and prefer you over someone else who can't leave the carpets as dry imo

JandS

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 07:59:50 pm »
I stopped using them because every dust particle hiding in that room is activated by the blower.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Red_Panda

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 09:56:07 pm »
Never point your blowers at a radiator!  On a whole house playing hop scotch with just two blowers can make a big difference to drying. Each time you finish an area, move a blower on it.  If you're just doing one room, put the blower on while packing up. It definitely aids drying and reduces potential problems.  It also adds value to your service.  That's been my experience anyway. 

David.