This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James pryer

Unbranded DDAC or Algo clear
« on: March 16, 2021, 10:34:45 pm »
Has any tried using  unbranded Didecyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride DDAC the chemical found in algo clear? Is it as good as the branded Algo clear?

Many thanks

Smudger

Re: Unbranded DDAC or Algo clear
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 11:30:22 pm »
Yes I have both crap!

Mr Haliday will beg to differ, 

seriously that do work OVER TIME - you will have to convince the customer that all that spraying and money for no change is worth it and be prepared for them to ring several time to tell you its not died yet ( 3 day 6 days 10 days down the line )
With Hypo you get the result in less than an hour - customer happy - your done  ;)

Either way you get the same result

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 06:10:44 am »
DDAC is the active ingredient  in a lot of cleaners it’s not unbranded it the actual chemical, it has a really long name but it’s a quat ammonia,  so it makes it easy to  compare products, check the % of it in the solution

I see some product that are 5% some are 35%

Check algoclear how much active ingredient does it contain? (Just checked their website its not saying )then compare it to DDAC which I believe is 50%

Like most liquid chemicals companies supply its mostly water with some concentrate mixed in.

As for ‘does it work’ (you didn’t ask that question) but it not perfect in every situation but it can give good results
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

the king

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 06:13:19 pm »
Sell it as roof treatment and scrape not roof clean that way no hassle and they get the surprise of clean looking roof in time  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 07:35:05 pm »
This is a roof scrape & moss treatment  I did a few years ago they didn’t want the extension treating  as it wasn’t dirty or have any moss
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk