This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Jetwashing a sealed driveway
« on: March 15, 2021, 02:39:54 pm »
I.  Sealed.  A customers driveway. 18 months ago. He has not maintenance cleaned It  with his hose  pipe
So i. Have asked  to jet wash it
 I have never  cleaned a sealed drive before what procedure.please

Smudger

Re: Jetwashing a sealed driveway
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 05:00:05 pm »
depends on the condition of the sealer and weather you want to re-seal it again

I won't seal drives - either its that acrylic stuff that plucks when cars drive on it or its impregnating sealer that won't stop moss etc..

your biggest problem will be if its acrylic based is the stringy cr@p that will come out when you clean it..

if the customer has let it go rancid then you may just have to blast it as normal nd advise acordingly - you may get away with lower pressure and 15 degree or FSC followed by a good dose of hypo

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 05:33:51 pm »
It's clay block paving and I used resiblock
Trade.     It's going  slighty green and dirty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 06:01:41 pm »
Removing sealer can be a pain sometimes you can blast it off but not all will come off and you need to use thinners to remove it depending what it’s been done with. If it’s not to bad a light wash might remove the dirt and not damage the sealer , we don’t use a sealer more trouble than it’s worth , we washed a drive years  ago that had been sealed , never again it took two days trying to remove some of it it looked like it had come off when wet but as it dried you could see the patched ware it was still on the blocks .

mjm

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 06:06:19 pm »
Wooooo.  I understand now. I thought I could.  Just. Put a strong. Softwash mix on it and then clean with a white nozzle lightly     obously.  Not.

mjm

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 06:24:38 pm »
Thanks.  I will leave him too it. I will just clean his windows. Every 8 weeks.   

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 08:53:14 pm »
Wooooo.  I understand now. I thought I could.  Just. Put a strong. Softwash mix on it and then clean with a white nozzle lightly     obously.  Not.

You might be able to do this without any problems just be careful you don’t remove some of the sealer though .