Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

customer avoidence
« on: March 12, 2021, 12:23:41 pm »

I am just interested as to where we stand  legally when a customer does not contact you after arranging work.

I had arranged verbally for a mornings work, at the appointed time and date the customer was not in, I waited half an hour, after a number of calls and txt  still no response.  this was 3 days ago and still no response after more calls and txt.

Not that I am too bothered , its just the inconvenience and the annoying fact of no contact for some explanation.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

homenclean

Re: customer avoidence
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 10:59:03 pm »
It’s really annoying when people do this, you can legally claim your out of pocket expenses travel costs etc.

Is the hassle really worth it.

The other week I had a job cancel 5 minutes before I was due there, they sited ‘current corona virus numbers’,. It annoys me because I do have other things to get on with but when you mention this they just dismiss you.

Saying that last Friday a job cancelled because the guy was ill and was acting cautiously under the circumstances gave plenty of notice and offered to pay me £50 because of the inconvenience. I declined but the gesture was appreciated and restores faith.

John

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 04:56:39 am »

Hi John,
I occasionally get cancelations, I guess its just part of the industry we are in, The majority have a genuine reason, some you just know just making an excuse , but majority do rebook
, but never had  one completely ignore every form of contact.
Thats the annoying  part.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 07:34:57 am »
Maybe it's just me, but as p#£@+d as I get on the occasion something like this has happened to me , I simply leave a card "sorry we missed you, called today between 9.30-10.00 but nobody was home,please contact to re arrange" and move on.  Chances are now that your customer has told her mates and family that she missed her cc appointment and has had several calls and texts which could be perceived as pestering or a nuisance, unfortunately though they did wrong to you, it would easily come off negatively on you, and one bad review or telling X amount of people could hurt you more then a morning or days lost income.

I often wonder about the guys who take deposits , not sure how I feel about taking/asking for one, but on the occasion this happens I guess it pays off...

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 12:10:30 pm »

I know exactly your thoughts Lewis,
and you are correct, it could soon turn around,
Geoff

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 11:25:56 am »
Hi

This shows you a very important thing that will help you going forward and that is you dealing with the wrong type of people. The most common reason for this is that they booked you and then found a lower price. Nice people would call and make some excuse for cancelling but this type just don't have the  imagination to come up with a good one.

As you know, the big problem today in trying to get a good price is the internet. Its so easy for prospects to get silly prices. So, how to avoid this is marketing in places where the only choice is you, or start to give package prices so they can choose the price that fits them. the great advantage to you is that your not giving the full service to these people. So things like no stain removal and only cleaning empty rooms. there are loads of way to break up what you do into packages.

we go for adding value with after care so if we get price prospects and at the end of the call if it looks like they are not going to book we can start to conversation about removing our after care.

Also, things like leaflets, letters and facebook are great because your the only choice. its unlikely that they will start to price shop when they get this marketing if your offer is good and you have a time limit on it. Internet remarketing used to be good but because of the wars going on with cookies that getting harder now. but, if you can get emails that its game on.

lastly, why give full service to price shopper? they normally have the most stained and high soil carpets. the time and spotters adds cost to you.

Good luck

Ian Harper