van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

missed calls
« on: March 06, 2021, 04:00:06 pm »
Hi Guys, I know some people might have someone taking calls for them in an office etc, however, i work alone most of the time and so dont feel its yet worth that expense. Does anyone use a company to take calls for them or just simply divert landline calls to call to your mobile.
If i divert calls to my mobile, i might not always be able to pick them up, if say pressure washing etc. It isn't hundreds of calls but still each missed call could have been a good job ive missed. Only a thought, just wanted to ask what some of the other guys do as im looking to increase my advertising and so hopefully will get more calls?
Thanks in advance
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

swanson

Re: missed calls
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 04:07:50 pm »
My wife takes all my calls
If we miss them they usually leave a message anyway.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 04:15:15 pm »
My voicemail tells people to leave a message or send a text/email and I will get back to them ASAP.

I rarely answer calls, saves me having to chat to annoying one off customers.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 04:39:12 pm »
Customers don't get my mobile - it used to drive me up the wall using the working day then silly calls in the evening or Sunday morning

Wife does the office and takes calls if I'm out - or we put phone on divert ( doesn't ring ) straight to answerphone for them to leave message

The good about this it does weed out those canvassing calls

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 04:42:50 pm »
Hi Guys, I know some people might have someone taking calls for them in an office etc, however, i work alone most of the time and so dont feel its yet worth that expense. Does anyone use a company to take calls for them or just simply divert landline calls to call to your mobile.
If i divert calls to my mobile, i might not always be able to pick them up, if say pressure washing etc. It isn't hundreds of calls but still each missed call could have been a good job ive missed. Only a thought, just wanted to ask what some of the other guys do as im looking to increase my advertising and so hopefully will get more calls?
Thanks in advance

After 5 rings my land line and mobile go to answer phone if they leave a message I phone them back later if they don’t then I don’t think they are a serious enquire so not bothered anyway

tlwcs

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:50 pm »
AirPods. Radio stops when call or text comes in. Tap the pod to answer (Texts are read out without doing anything) The only negative is you don’t know who’s calling when you answer, never miss a call

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 05:57:57 pm »
We have an answerphone on cloud BT line. Messages are transcribed and emailed to us, with a recording attached.

I don’t like having calls coming in all the time to my mobile as I can’t always answer Qs unless I’m in front of a computer, and even if I can answer it if I’m out and about I can forget what’s been agreed...

I’ve used a call centre in the past and they can be good for certain things. I personally haven’t found them good for giving quotes out... but if you visit houses to do quotes you can give them an evening your free in the week and get the call centre to book in visit for you... that’s worked very well for me in a previous business abs you will get more work that way as you don’t miss the opportunity

Even better you can advertise 2 phone numbers on your website or flyers. One for sales calls, another for help desk ... three divert sales calls to your own phone or the call Centre and the others to answerphone

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 07:41:00 am »
I feel the message a potential custard listens to before they leave a message for you is very important. Say your name and how important their enquiry is to you, etc, etc.   

dazmond

Re: missed calls New
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 10:22:02 pm »
I usually answer phone calls these days when I'm working(bluetooth earbuds in)and get them to text me their details....any missed calls leave a message usually and I get back to them later the same day....

Having a good voicemail message is important IMO...if they really want your service theyll leave a message if you dont/cant answer your phone...

price higher/work harder!