Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanW

Ink stain removal
« on: March 04, 2021, 04:53:45 pm »
Hi all,

I  am visiting a customer next week and wonder if you have any advice regarding an ink stain on a 1 week old faux suede sofa. They have tried the cleaning products supplied by dfs but this has just faded the ink stain slightly and has left a ring around the stain. I have attached photos of the stain and stain products. I have successfully HWE faux suede sofas however I am presuming the ink stain and ring will need something extra.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

john martin

Re: Ink stain removal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 06:23:04 pm »
looks like the original small biro mark should have being treated with the solvent on a cotton bud or even something like a tooth pick and gently agitated and blotted .
But instead they just poured some solvent on and gave it a good rub .   :)

The outer ring might disappear after just gentle hwe or handmit and foam . But id sat there is a little general distortion from the solvent that might never go fully but might not be noticeable standing up .
Perhaps the original little mark will come out more with solvent ... if that didnt work id be putting a little peroxide creme on a tooth pic and applying minutely along the line .

Nobby

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 08:34:34 am »
If solvent reaches the back of this type of fabric it can break down the adhesive that holds the fabric together with disastrous consequences. Use solvent as a last resort or not at all, there are some good water based products out there from Chemspec and Prochem.  As John says a straight forward pre spray and HWE be will probably improve things considerably, try that first.

DanW

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 09:25:44 pm »
Thanks guys, think i'll start with HWE and go from there

homenclean

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 10:01:48 pm »
Prochem ink solve is a good product but be careful  on faux suede.

John

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 05:28:43 pm »
Ink exit
Cheers Rich

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 10:22:19 am »
Ink Exit or Ink Solve would be the best products. But as has been mentioned Solvents can be detrimental to this type of fabric which is laminated with different layers.
Use a cotton bud. I would test it first on an area under the cushions or on the bottom where it folds over. If there are no detrimental affects then use the cotton bud on the ink but have you vacuum hose near to aid rapid evaporation of the solvent. If successful then the remaining tide mark should remove with gentle cleaning with a mit and some upholstery shampoo. You may have to dampen out the whole panel to get an even look.