Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Felicity Rowlands

Training course
« on: March 03, 2021, 11:14:27 am »
Hi all, I am completely new  to all of this and at the moment I simply have the idea of setting up my own business and going self employed.

Before I take the idea any further forward I am going to put myself on a course to get a better insight to the job. I have been looking at the 2 day Prochem course in Surry and the Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning course through the NCCA. Can you give me your options on these courses please?

Many thanks in advance

hotsteam

Re: Training course
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 08:15:26 pm »
Hi, before investing your time and money on courses, why don't you put a post asking to shadow a carpet cleaner for a day or more, so you can see what's involved  ?

Following covid guidelines of course

The hard part is getting enough customers , also you would need to list your location  !

I hope it helps  !

CarpetKlean Rod

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 08:32:27 am »
I shadowed an already established cleaner before I started. I personally think this is best idea. It will not only show you what to do but will also give you an idea of how physical it is and what the job involves.

CleanSmart do a 1 day online course for £99 (Which is free if you buy a machine from them),  as most of these courses can be used for the NCCA entrance exam they are the same content although the 2 day Prochem would go into more detail.
I would also mention you also need the U1 (Upholstery) for the NCCA as well.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 08:35:21 pm »
Hi all, I am completely new  to all of this and at the moment I simply have the idea of setting up my own business and going self employed.

Before I take the idea any further forward I am going to put myself on a course to get a better insight to the job. I have been looking at the 2 day Prochem course in Surry and the Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning course through the NCCA. Can you give me your options on these courses please?
~Hi Felicity

You are more than welcome to come out with me for the day and I can show you the ropes!

Ive been in the business for 36 years and have forgotten more than what some people know!! :)
Many thanks in advance

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 11:09:14 am »
Hi Felicity Rowlands

Good luck first,  here is the big reveal.  you are not getting into a carpet cleaning business but more a carpet cleaning marketing one. as important as knowing your trade is more importantly is getting paid for it.

So, please dont forget to look for marketing courses. you will find some providers that do the carpet cleaning ones will cover marketing but not as good as courses that been designed for the fast moving world on marketing we live in today. my recommendation is

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/

Good luck

Ian Harper