This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

beefy

backpacks
« on: July 14, 2006, 07:38:47 pm »
hi all i been looking at all the info ive been given on backpacks & 1 version cuts the trigger off & bpack goes straight to pole & the other leaves the trigger on, do any of you bpack users have any preference

Re: backpacks
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:58:26 pm »
Yes, don't bother with the trigger, keep it simple.

Use a pole with an outside quality hose, and you just 'nip' the hose to stop your pump.

Also, use both a sack truck to transport the backpack, or carry it on your back depending on access.  Or, depending on the area, use a sack truck to transport a water barrel, and carry the back pack on your back.

My round is mainly residential, with quite a few difficult to access areas.  I reckon my backpack, used with a bit of 'common' is far quicker than what a 650 litre van mounted system would be; for my type of residetial round.

I/we also trad the ground floor, usually.

jinky230

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:03:15 pm »
beefy check out my post so simple it works to see switch connected to backpack shoulder strap,

jinky

beefy

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:32:49 pm »
ta jinky & tosh good ideas im getting a gardiner pole with 1 of gaz brushes, where did you  get that jinky

jinky230

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 09:31:27 pm »
beefy you will get them in b and q or cleantech about £3

jinky

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 09:48:03 pm »
Beefy I have a gardiner pole with the ally gooseneck and have also fitted one of gaz's brushes not sure if you have spoken to Gaz about it but I found the brush didnt fit the gooseneck I got around it by useing about 5" of 22mm copper tube that I bent slightly giving the salmon brush the same angle as the vikan brush, the 22mm copper will fit inside the gooseneck and can be secured using the original screw if you pre drill the copper
 and then the brush can be forced onto the other end, maybe gaz has already overcome the problem though, I didnt ask him just got on with my own solution  :)   
Sussex by the sea

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 09:52:28 pm »
We all need to push the manuf. for an adjustable angle brush head.

master cleaner

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 11:05:48 pm »
beefy check out my post so simple it works to see switch connected to backpack shoulder strap,

jinky

what post is that jinky

i use one of gardiners flow control valves on the backpack i just have it in my hand at all times and just turn the water on or off.

jinky230

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 05:34:01 am »

master cleaner

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 02:21:37 pm »
thanx Jinky