Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

timbolincs

prochem fibre safe gold
« on: February 21, 2021, 02:32:51 pm »
Hi, just aquired a tub of the above.  Im just wondering  two things. Its marked woolsafe, but just how good a cleaner is it?
Secondly, with regards to powder products, just how long do they keep? Ie  for how long are worth using? I have no idea how old this tub is, it was part of a job lot i bought. Never heard of it before.  I usually use liquid f90 on wool  (at correct dilution).

Nobby

Re: prochem fibre safe gold
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 08:02:25 pm »
I use it for nearly everything, I find it to be a really good extraction cleaner. It’s been around for years so it’s well tried and tested, Prochem are a very reliable manufacturer/ supplier.  I am not aware that it has a sell by date, I’d use it whatever the age although mine is used up very quickly!

timbolincs

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 11:59:50 am »
Thanks for replying.

homenclean

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 10:07:41 pm »
Good product, Craftex do a similar product that’s good and cheaper 5kg where as Prochem is 4kg.
John

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 02:19:57 pm »
As long as the powder hasn't caked then it will be fine. Can be good on some upholstery as well.

CarpetKlean Rod

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 08:46:31 am »
I have recently used the liquid version on a Poly / Nylon mix soft feel sofa with the Prochem fibre and fabric rinse @40 deg.
I could of used their fabric restorer because I didnt need the wool safe but I was just worried about the fabric not feeling as soft after even though I tested it on the back first.
It got out dog drool and cat hair grub effortlessly.

Brilliant product and seemingly safe.  ;D