This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Granny

Alternative cill brush to Gardiners
« on: February 18, 2021, 09:07:04 am »
I've been using their cill brushes for years. Just tried a new one and it's useless. The bristles are so weedy and the clusters of bristles so thin that they just flick over the dirt without removing it.
Comparing an old brush with the new  and the old one is far more robust with thicker bunches of bristles.
With all the dirt on the bottom of the frames and patio doors  after the snow and bad weather, I ended up putting the old brush back on because it was taking too long to clean.
Anyone know who does a decent cill brush?

NWH

Re: Alternative cill brush to Gardiners
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 10:43:36 am »
If you are cold when the windows are very dirty spray the brush with ubix first and use a heavy flow of water,it will remove the dirt quicker but you need a heavy flow of water to remove the ubix residue.

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:50:08 am »
I've been using their cill brushes for years. Just tried a new one and it's useless. The bristles are so weedy and the clusters of bristles so thin that they just flick over the dirt without removing it.
Comparing an old brush with the new  and the old one is far more robust with thicker bunches of bristles.
With all the dirt on the bottom of the frames and patio doors  after the snow and bad weather, I ended up putting the old brush back on because it was taking too long to clean.
Anyone know who does a decent cill brush?

X line do an excellent sill brush, but weighs in at 290 grams, it's vastly superior to the Gardiners new one but it's horses for courses. I use the Gardiners on my 30ft slx and wouldn't consider using anything else as weight is everything on bigger poles but for everyday use I use an 18ft pole which covers 90% of my work and the xline is a pleasure to work with especially with the rinse bar, its worth the extra weight. (bear in mind the vikan brick weighs 500g so it still not too heavy).

J Love

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 12:06:04 pm »
I also enjoy the xline sill, i have the dupont version. Not sure what I make of the rinsebar yet tho, as it doesnt quite get the the edge of the brush so difficult to rinse on the glass.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 12:18:36 pm »
Xline have stopped selling those brushes for window cleaning they’ve now started selling them to Redlands so they have something to copy for the new brick they have coming out heavy is not the word lol. 🤣🤣🤣

Granny

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 12:26:46 pm »
Looking at this brick! Looks sturdy enough.

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/water-fed-pole-window-cleaning/water-fed-poles-and-brushes/brushes/streamline-hi-lo-sill-soft-brush-14inch-360mm/?setCurrencyId=2

Not sure how I'd attach it to the pole waiting for them to reply their website is pants can't find anything.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 12:33:05 pm »
What's wrong with the Gardiner's extreme flocked cill brush? Perfect brush for cleaning for us.

richard connett

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 12:50:37 pm »
The super light sill which they are discontinuing is a great brush , can’t understand why they want to stop them. The longer bristles and longer life shades it for me over the extreme sill.  I got fed up of bashing frames, the silly bumpers flying off and having to buy a new one every 8 weeks

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 01:11:40 pm »
This does make me laugh all you need in this world for light weight and something that cleans sills within an inch of its life is the Gardiner flocked extreme trust me,they call me Basil Brush round these parts I’ve tried em all 😂.
Desert island brushes are the 1 above the DuPont 4 jet and the DuPont double trim they do if you must  go slightly heavier,save your body that flocked sill is spot on does a better job than something double it’s weight.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 01:49:35 pm »

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/water-fed-pole-window-cleaning/water-fed-poles-and-brushes/brushes/streamline-hi-lo-sill-soft-brush-14inch-360mm/?setCurrencyId=2

Not sure how I'd attach it to the pole waiting for them to reply their website is pants can't find anything.

it will be the tapered thread - you will need a suitable top arm for the gooseneck
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NBwcs

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 01:56:31 pm »

442g though, that's in the vikan league.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 02:25:51 pm »
You keep using brushes like that give it a while and Eric Clapton will able to use you’re forearm tendons for guitar 🎸 strings they’ll be so tight.

Granny

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 12:10:31 pm »

it will be the tapered thread - you will need a suitable top arm for the gooseneck
Ah thanks for that Smudger I'd forgotten the name Euro  think I have some knocking about from before pre- Quick Lok days.
You keep using brushes like that give it a while and Eric Clapton will able to use you’re forearm tendons for guitar 🎸 strings they’ll be so tight.
Don't worry about me NWH I'm tough!
Not like some of the wimps on here.
You know the ones who say they go down the gym 20 times a week.
Can run 25 miles without breaking a sweat.
Can bench press 360 pounds.
Yet need an electric reel because they get worn out reeling in manually.
Complain that this brush is 2 grams heavier than the other one or get excited because this pole is 5 grams lighter than the other!
Still it's good for Lol's
Like the look of this one.
https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/water-fed-poles/evo-lite-brushes/evo-lite-26cm-dual-trim-flocked-brush-14-detail
But it's a bit pricey just short of £100 for a new brush each but at least it looks like it's got some bristles on it.
Thanks for the advice.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 12:57:45 pm »
Yeah but the Gardiner brush does the same job.