van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Hoseless pole set up
« on: February 12, 2021, 12:21:41 pm »
Hi lads I’m wanting to buy a hoseless pole base insert but looks like wcw don’t sell them anymore, I can make them myself no probs but I want to buy the proper bung.
Anyone know where I can get one now🤷

mufcglen

Re: Hoseless pole set up
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 01:01:53 pm »
All sorted, totally forgot it was exceed innovations who made them!

NWH

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:44 pm »
You can make you’re own m8 cut pole hose at the base use an 8mm through connector for the hose left on the pole,disconnect the pole and the rest of the pole hose goes back in the reel re connect next job so on so forth.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 06:53:18 pm »
Or make your own bung with cork.

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 07:31:05 pm »
Cheers pal yeah I made my own years ago before they even started producing and selling them as hoseless, I found a 22mm push fit insert best for me but I’ve tried the bungs from exceed in the past too and they’ve been pretty good so I’m just gonna throw one of them in my new pole again ;)

Slash

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 03:25:37 pm »
I don't see the point of the myself,surely the rectus fittings would wear quicker when re-connecting all the time.
Am I missing something, just don't see the benifits of them.

Ched

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 03:29:59 pm »
I don't see the point of the myself,surely the rectus fittings would wear quicker when re-connecting all the time.
There are 2 main points to hoseless. First is that you don't have to coil up your pole hose by hand and hang it somewhere in the van, you just wind it on reel. Second is less pole hose to drain water in the back of the van when disconnected.
1 disadvantage is that you have the small extra weight of the 'bung' and the rectus fittings towards the top of your pole!!
If you don't disconnect your pole hose from your reel very often then not much of an advantage.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 05:00:11 pm »
Rectus fittings are terrible things especially with the valve in the middle I’ve just come in again and had to change it after a couple of weeks,as soon as they fail it dead ends constantly and gives problems about time they bought out something that doesn’t keep failing this has happened for years.

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 05:07:29 pm »
There are 2 main points to hoseless. First is that you don't have to coil up your pole hose by hand and hang it somewhere in the van, you just wind it on reel. Second is less pole hose to drain water in the back of the van when disconnected.
1 disadvantage is that you have the small extra weight of the 'bung' and the rectus fittings towards the top of your pole!!
If you don't disconnect your pole hose from your reel very often then not much of an advantage.

Bang on pal, two other things I find using a hoseless set up is the female rectus lasts 10 times longer if you have it in the sleeve from exceed and going back to wrapping up hose.
It helps stop that twirling up kinking you get with pole hose from wrapping around your arm when putting it all away, with hoseless you disconnect and the hose untwists itself.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 05:21:28 pm »
Just because they stay new and shiny that doesn’t stop them failing I’ve changed at least 3 in the last 6 weeks and every time it’s cured the problem with dead ending,when the better weather comes I’m going to start using John Guest through connectors on microbore and pole hose I’ll just get 1 with a valve on the Microbore to shut the water off after each job,years ago they were much more reliable and there were less jap imports around.

Slash

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 05:25:15 pm »
I just reel up as normal and put pole on pole rack with pole hose connected to reel hose,simple!
Why dissconect after every job ???

mufcglen

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 05:28:36 pm »
The thing is pal they’re inside a sleeve so when your dragging it across the floor reeling in the rectus isn’t getting damaged so stays shiny as you say and the rectus metal collar still slides up and down easily when connecting to the male side , the only issue I’ve ever had is abit of grit rarely getting into the fitting but nothing a blast of lube won’t fix.
Before I was using the plastic sleeves I would go through a rectus every 4-5 weeks, now 1 will last me easily a year plus and I’m not doing anything different other than its being protected by the exceed sleeve👌
I too used to think rectus fittings was poo but honestly can’t say I have any issues now to warrant getting rid of them

NWH

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 05:32:48 pm »
Because I have to return to tank for the hot water but I am going to fit a John Guest on that as well,honestly the Rectus fittings are a joke as far as reliability goes Oliver said he’s never know these keep failing lol the pin on the return to tank Rectus fitting the pin just pushed right through and failed,I have had so many normal Rectus fittings fail now it’s beyond a joke they aren’t needed anyway if I’m honest the John Guest fittings I’ve had on my static setup have never leaked a drop in years,they do what it says on the tin.

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2021, 05:36:16 pm »
Because I have to return to tank for the hot water but I am going to fit a John Guest on that as well,honestly the Rectus fittings are a joke as far as reliability goes Oliver said he’s never know these keep failing lol the pin on the return to tank Rectus fitting the pin just pushed right through and failed,I have had so many normal Rectus fittings fail now it’s beyond a joke they aren’t needed anyway if I’m honest the John Guest fittings I’ve had on my static setup have never leaked a drop in years,they do what it says on the tin.

Yeah when I built my 4040 set up in my van I fitted jg fittings, it’s all I used when I used to put central heating systems in homes for my stepdad years ago too.
I got no issue to change my rectus fittings like you myself but I’ll be interested to see what you come up with pal and how it works out for you😉

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2021, 05:37:35 pm »
Like I said to you staying new and shiny means nothing I’ve had them fail in a matter of days I have to disconnect far more than others have to but they still fail prematurely,you can’t beat John Guest fittings they are simple and more importantly reliable.

Slash

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2021, 05:38:21 pm »
Tap on holster for me,no dragging across the ground  ;D ;)

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 05:42:04 pm »
You can get John Guest I believe that will reduce down in size at 1 end I’ll start using these on the microbore and pole hose,hopefully they’ll fit inside that new black cover a few of us bought a couple of weeks ago I haven’t used it yet.
They may get tatty looking being plastic over the stainless steel but the flow won’t be restricted like the Rectus fittings when they fail,honestly if you haven’t had this problem before with the dead ending you could be scratching your head for hours wondering what the problem is.

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 05:55:01 pm »
Like I said to you staying new and shiny means nothing I’ve had them fail in a matter of days I have to disconnect far more than others have to but they still fail prematurely,you can’t beat John Guest fittings they are simple and more importantly reliable.

Maybe I wasn’t clear pal, when I say they stay clean and shiny as you say I mean they don’t get all scraped and damaged on that little ring on the outside as I used to get those getting all rough and cut up and grit in behind them and that’s what kills them.
Like I say I’ve used these exceed plastic sleeves and they save the rectus fitting life massively and even though grit can still get in its no where near as bad as a bare rectus being dragged across the ground!
Was just thinking back to when I last changed my current rectus and it has to be nearly two years ago now, unbelievable really!
If you haven’t tried the exceed sleeve’s I’d recommend giving them a go.
Never had any issues with the system dead ending either and I use 3mm pencils, microbore hose and flow setting of around 65-70 its like a garden hose I barely rinse😂
Splashing and dashing all day quicker on a higher flow.
Let me know how you get on with your jg fittings pal, you can definitely get reducing jg fittings too I’ve used a few in past and gardiner sell quite a few different shapes and sizes.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 05:59:59 pm »
Yeah cheers I will do obviously far less likely to get as many problems if you leave connected but on certain setups you do have to keep disconnecting,even so my experience with them has been awful I’ve always used them but this last couple of years they’ve been far worse as far as reliability goes.

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 08:56:57 pm »
Would you say its a hot water problem Nigel ? rectus is really for airlines not water maybe a combo of water and being hot has an adverse effect on the fitting

has anyone checked if they have a temperature range for operation ?

do you buy genuine Parker hannifin connectors ? there is a big difference in quality

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk