Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

miniflex wheels
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:01:52 pm »
Any miniflex owners  ... 
I think youl agree the titchy front wheels dont roll so nice ,    i figured id fit some 4" ers .
I thought it would be  ... unbolt exsisting wheels and swap in new wheels  in 10 mins .  However it turned into  ....drill out the new wheel bolt holes wider  , put spacers on wheel bolts  , had to loose the handle underneath the machine ... which i had to remove the pump to access the bolts ... then i had to cut half the brake lever off .   
Would be quite easy if you can live without a wheel brake  ... but the braked wheel version kept bumping into things on the undercarriage as it did a 360 .
Couldnt find a suitable 100mm wheel with a sidebrake which would fit easier   , but i might yet

Darran Pryce

Re: miniflex wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 10:03:57 am »
I agree, had the pro, storm now the HX400 and each machine issues with the front wheels.   Machine great,  front wheels let it down.  You would have thought it would have been addressed by now.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:20:25 pm »
I agree, had the pro, storm now the HX400 and each machine issues with the front wheels.   Machine great,  front wheels let it down.  You would have thought it would have been addressed by now.

As good as its rolling now im gone to try another wheel because my brake occasionally gets stuck against the spacer nut .
I can't quite figure why the original wheels are not so smooth , they are not bad quality . I think it's just the combination of  very small wheels and perhaps a front heavy design.

That said , don't be put off , It moves as good as any smaller machine . They all have small front wheels .

Darran Pryce

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 02:42:52 pm »
It has to be the small wheels... They seem to lock and unlock, mind of their own. Specially locking when you have unlocked them.   Might be the locking mechanism.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 10:03:46 pm »
speaking of the miniflex  ...    i put 4" side brake wheels on since   , no issues with these . Apart from the bolt pattern been different to the standard wheels  , so i had drill new bolt holes for two of the four bolts each side  . Which meant taking out the pump again !  but its a really easy machine to remove and replace parts like a pump , couldn't be easier .

Darran Pryce

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 07:42:31 am »
I'm going to do the same.  It'a a pain in the butt with the other wheels locking etc.  You not had any issues with the new wheels?

john martin

Re: miniflex wheels New
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 06:56:11 pm »
I'm going to do the same.  It'a a pain in the butt with the other wheels locking etc.  You not had any issues with the new wheels?

Hi , no issues ,  new wheels perfect .    The brake is quite stiff for hand operation , foot no problem .  Might loosen a bit yet .

The 100mm wheels are not  ' right ' for the machine in a way  , as in you have a very slight rise at the machine front , compared to the 70mm wheels  , just looks a bit different , negligible effect on water level  .
Im more than happy with the big front wheels though as you can move smoothly and quietly over paving etc without getting stuck on a cracked pavement or jammed with small stones etc .
One of the issues with the standard 70mm wheels is that they are hard like skateboard wheels  , a more rubbery small wheel would probably be an improvement, but its hard to beat a bigger diameter.
Link below to the 100mm wheel i used  , also included a 75mm version for that ' standard ' look .
There are better quality wheels out there , but some of the ones that were good were rated for 200-300kg , and they start to get tall and bulky then .
https://www.bamfordtrading.com/products/65479-65479---602100pb---draper-rubber-castor-plate-brake-100mm---delivery-included.html
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Swivel-Plate-Fixing-Rubber-Wheeled-Castor-and-Brake-75mm/133662088305?epid=1323589970&hash=item1f1ee19c71:g:5d0AAOSwx9dfBJon