This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Honda GX390 - fix or replace pump?
« on: February 01, 2021, 02:40:20 pm »
Hi guys

I hope you’re all doing well.

I have a Honda GX390 pressure washer. I think it is 15LPM 250 bar, I can’t remember.

It’s about 8 years old. I had the pump serviced a few years ago.

It starts up fine and runs great, but there’s no pressure so it either needs a replacement pump or fixing. The issue is finding somewhere which does this.

Is it worth me fixing it or look to buy another one?

If I was to sell it as it is could recommend what sort of price I should be looking to sell it for?

Unfortunately it’s not letting me add any pictures to this post as the files are too large!

Thanks
Tom

scott johns

Re: Honda GX390 - fix or replace pump?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 05:06:09 pm »
hello tom
last year i was told it was probably my pump had gone this was over a phone call conversation .
i asked my mechanic to have a look and we only replaced the unloader valve and had a service and all working great again, hope this helps

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 06:49:57 pm »
When you say no pressure are you pumping water at all ?

what's the make of pump ?

I would run the p/w with all the hose off and no unloader to see if your getting water flow - then add the unloader this may be the problem if its siezed

pump repairs are worth it if its the seals - anything more you may as well junk it

I would say a fully working HONDA with pump would be worth £500 to £600

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tom-01

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 11:28:15 am »
Hi gents

Thanks for your replies.

I called Rutland Pumps last Monday afternoon and ended up driving up there with the machine on Tuesday, they’re just over 2 hours away.

Turns out the pump is fine but the engine was knackered.

I ended up getting a new engine on a new trolley and then fixed a hose reel onto the trolley. Basically a new machine for a fraction of the cost. I used it on Thursday and it was so much easier than the setup I had before.

I also got some maintenance done to my PW hoses and lances whilst I was there.

I have to say they are a great team up there and I will make the trip once a year for a service.

I was eying up their van mount systems. I’m debating whether to expand more into pressure washing. We’ve got experience with big jobs over the years but I’ve never really pushed it as I’ve concentrated on the regular window cleaning.

However the regular window cleaning looks after itself now so I have a bit of time to perhaps go down the larger job route. I’ve got a couple of big ones booked in already for the next month.

How do you guys market for the bigger stuff?

Thanks
Tom

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 02:09:19 pm »
website

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk