Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Machine dilemma
« on: January 27, 2021, 05:43:14 pm »
I put a post on here just before Xmas with a machine fault question I sent it to alltec  and turned into a nightmare tbh a mouse has got inside my machine and chewed through  most of it, the pump is still running but nothing else the quote is looking around a minimum of £800 is it worth repairing it’s a cfr500 which I purchased second hand 2 years ago, my main trade is window cleaning so only use once a month a most, I was thinking of getting a smaller machine before this happened and I feel it’s a great machine when cleaning regular maintenance cleans but not really soiled carpets as it recycles the water so would prefer 2 separate tanks, what would you guys do if you were in my position

Nigel Davies

Re: Machine dilemma
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 05:52:39 pm »
I'm not doubting Alltec (great company) however, if it was me, I'd also contact Dave at Amtech UK and get a second opinion?

john martin

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 07:58:30 pm »
sounds a bit steep if the pump is not affected,   what else is in there ?  the mouse didnt eat the metal motor ?  some wiring ? 
perhaps they hate working on cfrs .
Unless there is custom plastic repair to the tanks or something ?   any pics ?

Stephen burton

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 10:14:11 pm »
 :)

This is the quote at the moment they did send me a video of the inspection but too big a file to upload but very clear to see something nibbling at everything

john martin

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 10:36:24 pm »
Id say there a smalltime guy somewhere that could get it going for less  ...
But a repair/service with Alltec is probably a bit like a car service/repair from a main dealer  ,  it will be done right but you'l pay plenty for it .

Stephen burton

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 08:16:23 am »
Thanks for the comments guys
Do you think this machine is worth anything how it is as spares or repairs only has about 250 hours on the clock I’m guessing there are people who buy machines like this and fix themselves just wondering if it’s worth listing on here or eBay

Lewis Newby

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 07:14:30 pm »
It would be worth it to someone I'm sure ,pop it on eBay just be honest about the condition to cover yourself

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 08:48:44 pm »
Hi

so why not line up some jobs first then take machine down to Dave so he can fix it one day and do the jobs the next few days. that way its only cost you your time doing the work.

Have you ever heard that quote form John Lennon about if he wants a swimming pool, he just writes a song.

Good luck

Ian Harper