This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Resin in hose
« on: January 26, 2021, 08:13:26 pm »
I am getting a build up of resin which is blocking my hose has anyone else had this,I’m thinking it maybe something to do with the riser being faulty ??

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Resin in hose
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 08:39:30 pm »
Check the strainers on the riser tube and head. Can't think of any other way resin pass through into the hose other than damaged vessel strainers or dodgy resin that has smaller sized beads. Might also be worth checking the internal rubber O ring that seals the riser tube.
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:12:18 pm »
I’ve had this , what DI do you use ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 09:15:40 pm »
Yeah thanks Wipo although it sounds simple I may not have checked that as it’s buried deep in the lid,I get my resin from Gaps I can’t remember what brand it is it does last though.
I flushed it through yesterday and got at least half a tea cup in resin out of it,did it again today and still had a fair bit but not as much massive difference in flow obviously when it’s cleared but it’s not stopping.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 09:17:15 pm »
I’ve had this , what DI do you use ?
I got a new DI vessel from Grippa probably less than a year ago,as far as the size goes I’ll get 3 fills from a 25ltr bag.

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 09:27:43 pm »
Ah , my vessel on van is a 10 “ RO resin vessel , the filter at the top blocks up and backfires from its position letting resin through like it wasn’t there .
But if you use the standard 6x18 type size vessel then my hunch would be that the riser tube has dropped out or the screen around the riser tube has slipped down , they are normally glued but do come loose now and then

NWH

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 09:58:54 pm »
Yeah it was loose and it slid down but I tried to jam it back in,I took it indoors and ran it under the tap and noticed that the glue that must be used came out in a circular piece.
They are not well designed I have found over the years that that top filter piece always comes loose and slips down,what did you do try glueing it or did you change the vessel.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 10:04:30 pm »
Yeah it was loose and it slid down but I tried to jam it back in,I took it indoors and ran it under the tap and noticed that the glue that must be used came out in a circular piece.
They are not well designed I have found over the years that that top filter piece always comes loose and slips down,what did you do try glueing it or did you change the vessel.

I just pushed up the filter and tut a few turns of insulation tape around the shaft it hasn’t moved since

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 10:23:38 pm »
As above or a few turns of ptfe tape on the top of screen part that that has come unglued

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 10:29:48 pm »
2 options

NWH

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 10:31:27 pm »
Ok nice one I’ll give that a try tomorrow after I’ve taken it apart and cleaned all the top of the vessel out,I’ve had to disconnect the external large fitting on the heater which is before hose reel it has been collecting their badly once flushed through with that fitting off and then reconnected I’m back to a decent flow,it’s a nightmare poor flow issues.

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 10:31:55 pm »
Think I just drew Robocops wanger
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 10:32:57 pm »
Thanks for putting that picture up m8 I appreciate it i see what you mean the tape to stop it sliding down the PTFE to give it a tighter fit.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 10:35:00 pm »
Yeah you wouldn’t mind having that on the slack 🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 10:35:40 pm »
Right I’ve just tried doing that m8 and is it supposed to cut off the blood 🩸 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 10:37:23 pm »
I’ve gone down through the lid of an old ice cream tub is that ok lol 😭

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 10:43:25 pm »
I’m just hoping that the DI isn’t placed before your plate heat exchanger, that would be bad news !

NWH

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 11:19:32 pm »
It goes pump DI heater but I’ve cleared it and the pressure at the pole is 100% now,I’ll clean it
again tomorrow thoroughly after I’ve taped the DI as you said.
I’m thinking if it’s blocked one of the heat exchangers the flow would really be suffering and regardless of clearing the elbow fitting the flow would still be badly restricted.

P @ F

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 11:40:05 pm »
Sounds like you got it early as if an exchanger was blocked you would know about it right away , then plates are stupid close !
I had resin hitting the glass before I realised what had happened, I was rinsing like a feckin fool and getting nowhere, then I saw the resin on the ledges  ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 12:04:50 am »
I’ll make sure I do it first thing in the morning and see how I get on all the time I’ve got good flow I know it won’t have been too late as far as the exchangers go,last thing today it was coming out the brush like a fire hose on 90 with the controller so it must have improved it me running it through. The thing is that vessel isn’t old,when I get another it might a good idea to tape it up round those points on the riser before I use it.