This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

partner will need to self isolate, should I ?
« on: January 14, 2021, 02:05:31 pm »
My partner will arrive back from France tomorrow after attending a funeral.
She won't have to have a covid test prior to departure because Bojo has delayed even if she did know where or was able to get one in time before her return. She only left Wednesday and had to have a certified test 72 hours before to be granted passage by French embassy. With or without she still  needs to quarantine for 10 days once home as France has been removed from the safe list.

Anyways, 
Should I do the same ?
I'm struggling to find any real definitive answer by internet search.
Yeah , I know most the answers will be crack on, you work outside, we're covid safe blah blah  ;D
I'm not sure this on its own qualifies as grounds for claiming the third grant  :-\

simon w

Re: partner will need to self isolate, should I ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 02:10:42 pm »
Crack on bills still need to be paid

jk999

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 02:44:20 pm »
You could pay for you both a private test and if negative you both can carry on as normal, I know this because a friend of mines been working in Italy and he did this for himself

Ched

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 04:10:32 pm »
I believe the rules are that she has to isolate for 10 days but you don't.
She can have a test after the 5th full day of self-isolation to reduce the isolation period if she tests negative.
Docs are here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk#:~:text=When%20you%20arrive%20in%20the,assessed%20as%20low%20risk.
If she travelled from South Africa or other countries local to it then you both have to self isolate for 10 days.
If she gets symptoms during the 10 days she then starts a new 10 day isolation period and you start a 10 day isolation period!!!
As you say not simple to work it out.

deeege

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 04:22:43 pm »
She should isolate for the full 10 days. If you havnt left the country then you should only isolate if you start with symptoms.

That’s my understanding anyway.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 04:28:32 pm »
Thanks for replies, business as usual it is then 👍

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 04:44:33 pm »
I feel that if you are living together whilst your good lady is awaiting results of a test and it came back positive you may be expected to self isolate.

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 04:51:11 pm »
I feel that if you are living together whilst your good lady is awaiting results of a test and it came back positive you may be expected to self isolate.
She's not having a test, is she? She would only have a test if she had symptoms.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jk999

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 04:58:36 pm »
Cover everything up in house build a tunnel to bedroom don't come into contact with her ,build a lazy waiter so you can deliver her food and drink oh an buy her a a caravan toilets job done business as usual 😇👍

simon w

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:03 pm »
Ask her to stay with a relative for a week 🤔😂