This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

After it’s over 🤞
« on: January 13, 2021, 07:53:45 pm »
Hope everyone is well and families too

Anyone got any ambitions after COVID has gone

I’m 50 in may

Had a mate do a parachute 🪂 jump last summer

Get back into 5x5 StrongLifts in the garage is about all I can think 🤔 of at moment

Also thought about trying Judo 🥋
Or MMA gym to try their classes othered
Which is
Brazilian ju jitsu / boxing / MMA / Mauy Thai

Always shyed away from these activities
Feared injury

But hearing through customers of their friends or relatives sadly passing away from COVID 40s and 50s age ranges

Makes me realise life can be too short 🤦‍♂️😮

Make more money and family time too 👍

Stay safe 👍
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

p1w1

Re: After it’s over 🤞
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:01 pm »
Go on a holiday will be a start  ;D  , having done all the bungee jumps, parachute jump type things, I recommend you should give scuba diving a  try, its a different world, especially when done somewhere nice.

lee_dewing

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:23:05 pm »
Hello p1w1

In another life
1995 I did working holiday in Australia 🇦🇺

I was away for almost a year
I did padi? Open water diving course

It was a week on a yatch (boat)
Airlie beach barrier reef 👍

Did bungee jump in New Zealand
Queenstown

25 years ago now 👴🏻😁

Where you been diving then p1w1 ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:56 pm »
A mate of mine has booked a fiftieth birthday "treat" in June - Covid willing - a wingwalk on a biplane.

Crazy loon!
It's a game of three halves!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:11:42 pm »
Heathy deaths under 60 due to Covid is only around 400 people since March last year, i really wouldn’t worry too much mate!

Still has a 99% survival rate and average age of Covid death is nearly 83. Life expectancy in U.K. is 81. So you ain’t got any worries.

Wife works at the local NHS hospital, it’s busy, but it’s not the plague nor Spanish flu 👍🏼

Mike Burd

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:17:56 pm »
Heathy deaths under 60 due to Covid is only around 400 people since March last year, i really wouldn’t worry too much mate!

Still has a 99% survival rate and average age of Covid death is nearly 83. Life expectancy in U.K. is 81. So you ain’t got any worries.

Wife works at the local NHS hospital, it’s busy, but it’s not the plague nor Spanish flu 👍🏼
About 500 under 60s a week dying. Underlying health conditions include high blood pressure, asthma, depression. Loads of stuff that doesn’t kill you. Stop spouting nonsense.

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 09:31:22 pm »
I have Asthma

It’s difficult to know what to think

Media like to cause hysteria

BUT

1534 deaths today

Pre Covid-19
January usually 5000 respiratory illness deaths

Probably get that in a week
If not already 🤦‍♂️

2 million known deaths globally
Out of a 7.7 billion population

1% death rate would be 77 million

But as said hearing customers losing relatives 50 and under!

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 09:50:08 pm »
I use to do and martial Judo (good defence) for keeping healthy. Also did a lot of Kung fu (attack) very good for fitness and self control. Last few years been getting more into surf kayaking, more enjoyable and definitely keeps you fit if you don't drown too many times being rolled over by the waves, it's definitely an adrenalin rush the bigger the waves and a lot faster than normal kayaking. Dived the famous blue hole in the Caribbean to 120ft, managed to get my sports diving qualification out there, different world all together, loved it!

zesty

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 09:51:20 pm »

About 500 under 60s a week dying. Underlying health conditions include high blood pressure, asthma, depression. Loads of stuff that doesn’t kill you. Stop spouting nonsense.

It’s not nonsense. It’s truth. Healthy people are not dying from it.

Stop scare mongering. My wife works in a hospital.

It still has an overall survival rate of around 99%.

It’s a dangerous disease in the wrong body, but it’s really not killing healthy people under 60.

If you’re vulnerable, isolate. The rest should be cracking on.

zesty

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:06 pm »
I have Asthma

BUT

1534 deaths today

Pre Covid-19

If not already 🤦‍♂️

Died ‘with Covid’ not of, my wife shows me all the stats. They are putting Covid on death certificates if there is a positive result, regardless of what they died of - which is usually cancer, or some other end of life illness.

Winter 2018/19 over 60,000 flu deaths in just that winter.

It’s bad mate, but it’s not the plague. The media just want you to believe it is.

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 10:24:45 pm »
I use to do and martial Judo (good defence) for keeping healthy. Also did a lot of Kung fu (attack) very good for fitness and self control. Last few years been getting more into surf kayaking, more enjoyable and definitely keeps you fit if you don't drown too many times being rolled over by the waves, it's definitely an adrenalin rush the bigger the waves and a lot faster than normal kayaking. Dived the famous blue hole in the Caribbean to 120ft, managed to get my sports diving qualification out there, different world all together, loved it!

You sound busy 👍windows washed

I live in Waltham Abbey
Where they built the white water rafting centre for the 2012 Olympics

Ashamed to say never been
Fancy canoeing 👍

Only spring/summer though 😁

I’ve tried most martial arts
But not judo
Bjj is the new sexy one but very expensive

Judo like boxing (which I like 👍)
Is £5-£7 a lesson

Bjj is £15 a lesson or £65 upwards monthly membership

I’m nearly 50 born 1971
When I was a kid martial art instructors did it for love

Was a sideline

Now big business
Or was until Covid 🤦‍♂️

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 08:45:38 am »
I'm 50 too this year Lee!👍🙂.....hoping for a massive party in october...a joint birthday party with my missus(theres only 6 days between our birthdays)...

Band playing and a good time had by all......we want to book caterers and club room but its impossible at the present time....

I've also got a holiday booked for early may(greece)that I paid for last year....

I was lucky last year..i managed to get abroad early oct....

Heres hoping for a better year for all of us!
price higher/work harder!

Mike Burd

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 08:54:36 am »
I have Asthma

BUT

1534 deaths today

Pre Covid-19

If not already 🤦‍♂️

Died ‘with Covid’ not of, my wife shows me all the stats. They are putting Covid on death certificates if there is a positive result, regardless of what they died of - which is usually cancer, or some other end of life illness.

It’s bad mate, but it’s not the plague. The media just want you to believe it is.
Without the lockdowns the hospitals will be overwhelmed. That's the reason for the restrictions. It's very simple. You're wrong on the death rate. It's nowhere near 1%. Much less.

lee_dewing

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 09:09:37 am »
Hello Daz

Was thinking of a party too
I’m in may but not sure 🤔 on that one.
Tier systems to slow

My daughter is 16 too
She’s 3 days before

Good luck with the party 🎈😁

To be honest I’d rather go Disney world 🌎 Florida instead

At some point this year
But Mrs and daughter not interested 🙁

Never want to leave the dog in kennels

Never get a dog Daz 😆
Or married 🤭

Mike Burd

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 09:17:15 am »
My plan is a month long trip in my motorhome. Just around the UK coast. We'd planned it to start yesterday as I got my driving licence back yesterday. I'd lost it after having a cardiac arrest in a park and having an implantable defibrillator fitted. You have to go 6 months with no shocks delivered before you can have your licence returned. So... a long tour in the motorhome.

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 10:32:23 am »
I have Asthma

BUT

1534 deaths today

Pre Covid-19

If not already 🤦‍♂️

People with cancer die of Co-vid and healthy people are dying of it.
I don't remember The Plague or Spanish Flu but given when they happened they are unrealistic comparisons.
Your wife showed you all the stats? Does she have them all then?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 10:56:37 am »
Outdoor pursuits/activities ! I'm 51. Love getting out on the hills mountain biking or overnight camping trips on rivers with kayak. You're right, life's too short. I'm not planning on becoming a couch potato. No need for gyms or classes, active body, mind and spirit and great for mental health.

jk999

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 01:55:40 pm »
Why did they build to nightingale units if not using them ,going on that the hospitals are bursting to seams and instead of transferring patients to them nightingale units they are on about putting them in hotels omg

Ched

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 02:01:16 pm »
Why did they build to nightingale units if not using them ,going on that the hospitals are bursting to seams and instead of transferring patients to them nightingale units they are on about putting them in hotels omg
Because if the patients are spread out over lots of hotels it's not headline news but start filling up the Nightingales and it is BIG news! Plus they haven't got the staff for nightingales.
The staff that have been working so hard to fight this virus are just burnt out. They have been working so hard is such a terrible situation it's taking so much of a strain on them they just can't work more shifts. I feel so sorry for them but they are doing a great job and thanks to them all and all the other essential staff that are working.

jk999

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 02:45:35 pm »
Ok