Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

faecal matter
« on: January 08, 2021, 05:57:24 pm »
Is there anything other than an enzyme I need to remove a cack stain from a synthetic carpet it's got cardboard backing so can't saturate it
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

Re: faecal matter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 06:22:05 pm »
Who did it? Dog poo can contain a brown dye that the put in dog food to make it a meaty colour.

But I find poo just rinses out quite easily, I would lick scrape up the big bits first then use your normal rinse.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 07:29:28 pm »
It's human waste Mike, but carpet has cardboard backing.😱😱
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 09:22:05 pm »
Just go slow with your hand tool , can you turn the carpet back and place some  tarpelene  sheet underneath ( or anything waterproof) to stop the cardboard getting wet 

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 09:31:11 pm »
Thanks Mike,got some clean tarp sheets so will try that.
Cheers Rich

Steven Butler

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 11:06:08 pm »
Why would you even take that job on mate??

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 11:54:16 am »
Simply because they are very loyal good window cleaning customers,so I will do my best for them.. Anyone else I would have just said sorry it's not possible to get clean it. These people though are really nice and I want to try and come through for them..
Cheers Rich

simon w

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 10:54:52 am »
Simply because they are very loyal good window cleaning customers,so I will do my best for them.. Anyone else I would have just said sorry it's not possible to get clean it. These people though are really nice and I want to try and come through for them..

You'd have thought the window cleaner would have learn't not to poop on the carpet by now   ;D

RPCCS

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 10:59:18 am »
The window cleaner didn’t poop on the carpet! The couple are disabled .
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 11:01:12 am »
Just go slow with your hand tool , can you turn the carpet back and place some  tarpelene  sheet underneath ( or anything waterproof) to stop the cardboard getting wet
it the carpet won’t separate from the backing,is it a case of using very little moisture? Just mist spray the solution on and the same with the rinse?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 04:12:27 pm »
Really the carpet is not dirty it is damaged,  nothing you do while removing it will make more damage.... at the very least you will clean out the poo and delaminates the carpet but this a better situation that having  poo on the carpet.

They customers have a choice,  they can have crap on the carpet or risk the cleaning slightly damaging the carpet. Who knows you might rinse it out with zero harm to the carpet.

But to answer your question,  slowly rinse out the poo with a low psi hand tool but multiple passes

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 04:36:44 pm »
Thanks Mike, I only have a stair tool or a sapphire upholstery tool,the sapphire is no good on carpet so will keep the pressure low on the pump.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 01:14:42 pm »
Call stain came out easy,turns out backing wasn't cardboard but lino. It was dark when I priced the job lol. The other stain on living room carpet blackcurrant juice wasn't so successful,enzyme followed by stain exit managed to reduce and fade it but couldn't remove totally. You can win em all.😉
Cheers Rich