This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trevor povey

Hi mod poles
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:21:22 pm »
Evening gents currently using a phantom hi mod pole 22 ft..  was considering going for gardeners extreme version this time although still expensive comes in a little cheaper than the phantom... Anyone who's used the gardeners or any  others got any thoughts

dazmond

Re: Hi mod poles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 11:07:37 pm »
Evening gents currently using a phantom hi mod pole 22 ft..  was considering going for gardeners extreme version this time although still expensive comes in a little cheaper than the phantom... Anyone who's used the gardeners or any  others got any thoughts

Yes they are great poles for ease of use....itll be worn out though after 18 months/2 years (and that's with replacing a couple of sections in that time)if you use it every day....

I still buy them though.....🙂👍
price higher/work harder!

trevor povey

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:25:23 am »
Yeah generally 3 times per week with the phantom hi mod... Just wondering are there any other recommendations from fellow brethren as to high mod poles they've used... and is the gardeners one better than the phantom 🤔🤔

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:41:22 am »
Yeah generally 3 times per week with the phantom hi mod... Just wondering are there any other recommendations from fellow brethren as to high mod poles they've used... and is the gardeners one better than the phantom 🤔🤔

The problem is if you want the lightest poles for the easiest day  then you gotta except they wear out quicker even with flushing them out regularly....

I now use an SLX for some work that doesnt include loads of awkward windows to extend the life of my xtreme 25..and I have 2 SLXs so I might as well use them

I have got an xtreme 47 and it's over 8 years old but it only gets used around 10-15 times a month

trevor povey

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 09:04:30 am »
Yeah I get that just fishing for feedback see which is the better hi mod 22ft pole hopefully from lads that have used a few different ones🍺🍺🍺

wayne m

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 04:59:45 pm »
I have the phantom hi-mod 25 it’s just over 2 years old now and used 5days a week 8 hours a day and only time it’s gone wrong is when I dropped it on the edge of a flat roof and snapped a section so all my fault.  Haven’t tried the extreme but from what daz says they don’t last that long and even replaced sections along the way.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 12:44:20 pm »
Ive got a normal carbon phantom and an slx

ive also had the extreme and ive used the high mod phantom briefly when i tried one off another window cleaner

Theres nothing between the two facelift and gardiners imo, just the clamps that are different. The facelift sections are slighly thinner but other than that very similar weight and stiffness.

I would be happy to use either, just go with the cheapest which is gardiners, i would only buy another phantom when the black friday sales are on as they are not worth the extra money imo.

As for the extreme, great pole but very fragile, snapped a section after 8 months. I had it just over a year then sold it for £350 and went back to an slx, a much better value pole. That said my next pole will be an extreme again i think as the slx 25 as an everyday pole is taking its toll on my neck and shoulders.

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 06:14:51 pm »
Personally, I’ve been using the Xtreme since they first came out.  I’ve still got my 25’ with the steel bands on the sections. Getting a bit thin now but ok.
I don’t find the same issues that Daz has experienced.
Yes, they are easier to snap but then you alter the way you use your pole. For example, don’t tap a window to gently close it or push against a sash. If you need to shut the window, use as much vertical pressure as much as poss. I’ve got the scrubber fitting on the end, so I spin the pole round and push with the scrubber.
As you probably know, keep up with maintenance and don’t fall over with pole in hand and it should serve you well for quite a few years.  :D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 06:25:48 pm »
I use Extremes. They are more fragile than SLX's but they take less toll on the body.

My first everyday extreme lasted two years before the top section snapped. I then bought new the top three sections (moved the old ones to my old extreme 47) and I am nearly two years in with no snapping.

But six months ago on here somebody recommended stripping and  spraying lacquer on them every couple of months to prolong their life. I did mine about 4 months ago (it felt like a new pole after for a few weeks) and when the weather is warmer I will do it again.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »
Personally, I’ve been using the Xtreme since they first came out.  I’ve still got my 25’ with the steel bands on the sections. Getting a bit thin now but ok.
I don’t find the same issues that Daz has experienced.
Yes, they are easier to snap but then you alter the way you use your pole. For example, don’t tap a window to gently close it or push against a sash. If you need to shut the window, use as much vertical pressure as much as poss. I’ve got the scrubber fitting on the end, so I spin the pole round and push with the scrubber.
As you probably know, keep up with maintenance and don’t fall over with pole in hand and it should serve you well for quite a few years.  :D

your an exception though....most window cleaners will break a section within the first year of using an xtreme pole i dont shut windows with mine either.....i find they tend to splinter in the middle of a section weakening it....i dont notice it until i try to clamp on the area and hear a CRUNCH! sound......

zesty

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 07:58:39 pm »
Me xtremes last around 2 years easy, never snapped a section, and regularly close windows them. Just depends how careful you are with them.

They are great poles, well worth the money, I would use anything else!

NWH

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 08:46:18 pm »
If you’ve never had an extreme you have to learn that you can’t shut windows with it and throw it about like an old Hibrid pole or normal carbon 1,I take care of my poles all extremes and they last years in my hands as for employees you’d be better off with either an SLX or OVA as they are stronger. Saying that they can take a bashing I’ve dropped one many times with no issues.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 10:49:32 pm »
Now Extreme poles are a good investment ;D
Expensive : lightweight meaning  less fatigue = more productivity.

T

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 11:35:47 pm »
No extreme poles are rubbish you’d be better off doing away with a flow controller just wire straight the the battery red and black can you manage that,get yourself a Harris pole I think they still sell em while you’re at it pop down to your local farm and see if the farmers got an old wydale unbaffled tank he can slip you 🤣🤣🤣.
You are in good company you can seek solace on here lol.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 12:38:10 pm »
My extreme snapped when I dropped it but its still pretty poor for that to happen. I can kick the hell out of my slx and bash windows shut and the thing wont die.

If an extreme is a rolls royce the slx is a volkswagen diesel.

trevor povey

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 05:27:00 pm »
If you’ve never had an extreme you have to learn that you can’t shut windows with it and throw it about like an old Hibrid pole or normal carbon 1,I take care of my poles all extremes and they last years in my hands as for employees you’d be better off with either an SLX or OVA as they are stronger. Saying that they can take a bashing I’ve dropped one many times with no issues.

Got a univalve in phantom pole which is fine is it the same with gardeners extreme.. .. Also not used a tubeless system in the past.. would this be a big no no🤔🤔

NWH

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 05:49:00 pm »
I think Alex said you can use them but there was a particular hose he said would be best I believe,don’t believe the hype about Extreme poles imo they are still strong poles if you are snapping them on a regular basis it’s down to the user I’ve only ever used them since they first came out,I think I’ve only ever had a couple of issues and when you compare issues with days of use that’s a % of problems not even worth mentioning.

trevor povey

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 09:34:43 pm »
I think Alex said you can use them but there was a particular hose he said would be best I believe,don’t believe the hype about Extreme poles imo they are still strong poles if you are snapping them on a regular basis it’s down to the user I’ve only ever used them since they first came out,I think I’ve only ever had a couple of issues and when you compare issues with days of use that’s a % of problems not even worth mentioning.
Yeah remeber all the hype when the slxs came ot👍🏽 the hi mod phantom I use now has taken loads of tumbles and is fine..thats got the rhino hose in and sometimes takes a couple of tugs for the univalve to work

the king

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »
My extreme gets used and abused rarely clean it mine last 2 years in that time i normally replace 1 and 2 section just switched brushes from ultimate to xline and 1 section snaped earler than normal im putting this down to the extra weight

NWH

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 11:07:13 pm »
Using extreme brushes adds an age to them as soon as a you start putting heavier brushes on them it’ll weaken the top section