This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

im enjoying working in this weather......
« on: January 06, 2021, 04:18:09 pm »
.......sunshine and cold,crisp days...........i hope we get a few months of this! 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: im enjoying working in this weather......
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:24:25 pm »
it really is a joy to be a window cleaner sometimes.....lots of my customers are stuck indoors,either working from home(and looking after kids in some instances),cant work because of lockdown or retired and shielding......

ive got a few more xmas tips this week and customers pleased to see me.....im so lucky! :)

zesty

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:29:30 pm »
Yes mate, it is a brilliant job, and it’s not until you try some of the building trades that you realise how easy and stress free window cleaning is 👍🏼

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:05 pm »
.......sunshine and cold,crisp days...........i hope we get a few months of this! 8)
Really ??

I cant wait to get in my shorts and t shirt, each to their own though ;D

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:19 pm »
Yes mate, it is a brilliant job, and it’s not until you try some of the building trades that you realise how easy and stress free window cleaning is 👍🏼

i had a big grin on my face all day today...... ;D...the sunshine and the music in my ears helped...its hard not to grin when a james brown track comes through on my bluetooth earbuds......COLD SWEAT! :D

deeege

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 05:22:41 pm »
You been drinking Daz?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 06:35:33 pm »
Forecast -4 tonight and not getting much above freezing all day tomorrow....horrible weather.

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 06:46:22 pm »
Forecast -4 tonight and not getting much above freezing all day tomorrow....horrible weather.

The hot water will warm his little donnys  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 07:51:40 pm »
Its not been bad at all, would prefer a tad warmer but window cleaning is easier in winter than when its red hot for sure, can work faster with a higher TDS as well.

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 08:01:43 pm »
Today seemed warmer than yesterday. Tomorrow might be a slow start. -4 and hoses and connectors start to freeze. Oil filled radiator is going in the back of the van at 9:00 tonight.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:54 pm »

i love it......i hope it lasts until the end of lockdown!(31st march) ;D

NWH

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:41 pm »
Frost stat on lol.

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 08:28:38 pm »
You been drinking Daz?
James Brown ale.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 08:41:56 pm »
Today seemed warmer than yesterday. Tomorrow might be a slow start. -4 and hoses and connectors start to freeze. Oil filled radiator is going in the back of the van at 9:00 tonight.
My oil rad is in too, trouble is forecast  is -2 till 10am tomorrow.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 11:02:30 pm »

It shouldn't stop you working......unless you ve got a cold water system?...I thought you had an immersion heater?

deeege

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 07:02:56 am »

It shouldn't stop you working......unless you ve got a cold water system?...I thought you had an immersion heater?

It shouldn’t stop anyone working even with a cold system.

The biggest concern with temps colder than -2° isn’t the system freezing, it’s leaving patches of ice all over the place and that risk doesn’t change with a hot system.

I’ve a cold system and have lost a total number of 0 days work in the last 10 years due to frozen system or hoses.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 08:05:36 am »

It shouldn’t stop anyone working even with a cold system.

The biggest concern with temps colder than -2° isn’t the system freezing, it’s leaving patches of ice all over the place and that risk doesn’t change with a hot system.

I’ve a cold system and have lost a total number of 0 days work in the last 10 years due to frozen system or hoses.

Rather you than me mate.......😁👍

I used to get frozen jets using a cold system in this weather....annoying......also I needed to keep the water flowing all the time or it would freeze in the hose sometimes

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 08:10:18 am »
I remember trying to thaw my hose out on my van exhaust one time!🙄😁

deeege

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 09:16:32 am »
How often in the last 10 years Daz, has the daytime working temps been below -2° during the working day? I can count on one hand.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 09:59:22 am »
How often in the last 10 years Daz, has the daytime working temps been below -2° during the working day? I can count on one hand.

He's just trying to justify the 10  grand he's spent these last 5 years on hot 😱