Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Carrying Water (Carpet Cleaners)
« on: December 23, 2020, 09:37:11 pm »
Just wondering when carrying your own water whether it be in a tank or in containers how long is it ok to use for... roughly in your opinions
Cheers

Mike Halliday

Re: Carrying Water (Carpet Cleaners)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 08:54:37 am »
A bit confused by your question, are you asking how long water kept in the van will be usable for ( as in go off) ? Or something else.

In winter I have kept water for weeks in the van but summer is different, I have had green algi forming in the water tank if it left for over a week.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 01:19:42 pm »
I've had a    25 Ltre. Jerry can of pure water  in my van for 6 months.  Still reads 000. Ppm.         Not sure how long. It stays like that for.  But that's pure water.

Tap water  not sure.  About but if you  have standing water for 5 days it starts to stink 
I've had a shower.  Pipe  That wasn't draining properly.    And started. Smelling plumber said  after five  days it starts smelling.  So if you run that through a carpet machine the carpet will reek

You have to cover any water cans or tank with a cover not just away from direct sunlight.   

But outside. Sky light also it will go yellow and green

Not sure if I have answered the right question
But hope this helps

Steven Butler

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 04:02:39 pm »
Hi, yes I mean if I carry it in 25ltr containers for carpet cleaning. I only use a small van and a storm but am not interested in a truckmount, more than happy with portable but thought carrying water is one less thing needed from the customer.

mjm

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 04:27:40 pm »
Steven it will be ok because it's inside a fan away from any light. And not exposed to sun    just don't leave it in the garden for ages then suddenly put it in the van. I know a  carpet cleaner he does what your asking no issues and to be honest a lit if people are moving on to doing it I do it sometime s. Because of slow pressure and speed. But. Then barrells get heavy      so I just do it occasionally

JandS

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 05:33:04 pm »
Use customers tap out or in.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Steven Butler

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 07:53:15 pm »
Always have done.

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 10:59:36 am »
I currently use a 210l water tank. It has an immersion heater fitted. I have a hot tap fitted as an outside tap and fill the machine in the morning with hot water. When I arrive at the job I have a tank of hot water before starting work. If I want very hot water I use an inline heater. You can buy tanks of all shapes and sizes here https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/water-tanks/water-storage-tanks.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoab_BRCxARIsANMx4S4I7NXJLc7-eDGObVHqejoU9aCTZj0OuCh7NJTZYCGxxUftHzpIENYaArSLEALw_wcB
This is the tank I use https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/water-tanks/water-storage-tanks/200-litre-water-tanks/210-litre-water-tank-tower.html
I use a 12v diaphragm pump to fill my Enforcer from the tank. I can then dose the enforcer tank with whatever chemicals I would like to use on the job. If for some reason I just want to rinse with plain water I can just auto feed.