Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slash

Re: non payers
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 09:39:04 pm »
Good for you,happy Cristmas ;D

well that ended that debate lol, happy Christmas to you too

Lol you arnt stressed about loosing  £14 from a non payers  but you are stressed up to the eye balls by the comments on hear 😂😂😂😂😂

I think he was being sarcastic in a funny way Slash  ;)
That was from Splash & dash ;D

simon w

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 09:54:32 pm »

Lol you arnt stressed about loosing  £14 from a non payers  but you are stressed up to the eye balls by the comments on hear 😂😂😂😂😂

That was from Splash & dash ;D

Sorry I wasn't concentrating because I needed a slash  ;D

NWH

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 11:21:02 pm »
It’s not about it being £14 it’s the principle

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 06:09:53 am »
We used to let a maximum of 2 cleans go before getting insistent on payment. I've learnt from experience that some customers tend to forget they haven't paid for the previous clean even although the outstanding amount is noted on the last windows cleaned slip. It then looks like I'm defrauding them. That's a very uncomfortable position to be in.

So now each clean must be paid for before the next clean. I have mobile numbers for these late payers now. I get them to phone my mobile number and save them to my contacts

Telling a late paying customer that you won't be cleaning their windows until payment is made isn't any leverage to 'force' them to pay imho. I will never mention not cleaning their windows until I  receive payment. They can easily find another window cleaner to play the same game on - in our area anyway. I just insist they pay for the last clean even if I decide I'm not going to be cleaning their windows again.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 09:14:13 am »

no stress here mate and BTW it's spelt ..... aren't ........ losing ....... and here

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 09:16:44 am »

well spotted Simon, some people can't see it when it hits them in the face

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 11:42:22 am »

no stress here mate and BTW it's spelt ..... aren't ........ losing ....... and here
And start your sentence with a capital letter and finish it with a full stop.😜

tonyoliver

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2020, 05:36:34 pm »
I thought it was only me that had slow ,late ,and non paying so-called customers

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2020, 03:45:48 pm »
We used to let a maximum of 2 cleans go before getting insistent on payment. I've learnt from experience that some customers tend to forget they haven't paid for the previous clean even although the outstanding amount is noted on the last windows cleaned slip. It then looks like I'm defrauding them. That's a very uncomfortable position to be in.

So now each clean must be paid for before the next clean. I have mobile numbers for these late payers now. I get them to phone my mobile number and save them to my contacts

Telling a late paying customer that you won't be cleaning their windows until payment is made isn't any leverage to 'force' them to pay imho. I will never mention not cleaning their windows until I  receive payment. They can easily find another window cleaner to play the same game on - in our area anyway. I just insist they pay for the last clean even if I decide I'm not going to be cleaning their windows again.

its very easy to rectify though if the customer is unsure......i simply print off a statement of account for that particular customer and post it through their door or sometimes i just take a pic on my phone and send it to them by MMS.....it sorts them out every time! :)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2020, 11:10:14 am »
Still got to print out my debt letters and post them. About 20 to do, might do that later today.

Mike Burd

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2020, 11:54:11 am »
Still got to print out my debt letters and post them. About 20 to do, might do that later today.
If you intend taking any to court you’llneed a slightly modified letter since a year or two ago. If it’s just a threat no need though. You’ve got to offer arbitration now

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2020, 04:42:12 pm »
If you intend taking any to court you’llneed a slightly modified letter since a year or two ago. If it’s just a threat no need though. You’ve got to offer arbitration now

Yeh, i know things changed. Its just a threat really

Last year about half of them coughed up after a threat

I might take a couple of them to court that really upset me

But then again i had planned a "christmas revenge ride" which was just an excuse to have a ride out on my motorbike and egg a few windows or break something under the disguise of a motorbike helmet.

childish i know  :-X

Mike Burd

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2020, 07:52:31 pm »

Yeh, i know things changed. Its just a threat really

Last year about half of them coughed up after a threat

I might take a couple of them to court that really upset me

But then again i had planned a "christmas revenge ride" which was just an excuse to have a ride out on my motorbike and egg a few windows or break something under the disguise of a motorbike helmet.

childish i know  :-X
But entirely understandable.

Lauries cleaning

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2021, 10:14:35 am »
For bad payers, once they've coughed up, I offer gocardless or nothing. Usually that's the end of it, but I've a fair few bad payers that have signed up and have been model customers since.

Stoots

Re: non payers New
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2021, 12:12:56 pm »
My debt letters went out just before new year, there was about 25 in the end...

They have just started landing on doorsteps today, ive had 2 customers message me. One of them was disgusted with the letter  :D
The other apologised and wanted to resume, blocked.

Both paid though  ;)

A couple of years ago i had one bloke ring me shouting and swearing about the letters, they dont half upset people. Love it  :-*