Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Antoin O

Carpet Cleaning Voucher
« on: December 19, 2020, 01:58:25 am »
Hi everyone  ;D

I know nothing about carpet cleaning, and have never cleaned a carpet before, what I do have is a genuine interest in learning all I can about professional carpet cleaning, the methods used and the steps required to clean carpets professionally.  I will be attending the NCCA 3 day course in the new year,  which I hope will give me a better understanding of the carpet cleaning process/business.

My basic understanding of the steps required to professionally clean carpet is;

-Deep vacuum carpet thoroughly.
-Pre spray carpet thoroughly.
-(Allow pre spray dwell).
-Agitate with CRB.
-Extract / HWE
-Ventilate room / set up dryers
-Groom carpets

If/when at some point I decide to proceed with adding c/c to my business I'm only interested in doing it professionally and to a high standard, by investing in the right training and equipment.

What concerns me is a local voucher site I came across recently, the seller is highly rated with all good reviews.

Here's the offer:

About This Deal
Choose from Two Options

-€55 for carpet cleaning for 2 standard bedrooms + stairs + landing.
-€65 for carpet cleaning for 3 standard bedrooms + stairs + landing.

A ######## technician harnesses steam-cleaning technology to get carpets looking bright-hued and fluffy-surfaced. The service is available for carpets in a bedroom measuring up to 4m x 3.5m. The two or three-bedroom options also include carpet cleaning for up to 15 stairs and one landing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I missing something ?

I struggle to see how I could travel to a customers property, roll out all the hoses/equipment etc
follow all the steps  required to do a good professional carpet clean on a 3 bed + stairs + landing
then load all the gear back into the van for €65 euro (approx £54 pounds).

Interestingly some of the reviews on this voucher say ############ did an excellent job and only took 1 hour ?

1 hour ??? what the hell ?  is this guy superman or am I missing something in/out 3 bedrooms + stairs + landing
all done in 1 hour for the paltry sum of €65 and the customers are delighted (no bad reviews)....

I'm thinking the guy has a magic wand either that or a crew of about 5 all sprinting around the place.....

All advice/opinions appreciated,

Thanks !

Lewis Newby

Re: Carpet Cleaning Voucher
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 10:03:03 am »
The simple answer is he is a splash and dash cleaner. And at his price point and target client is the best thing since sliced bread.

Those sorts of customers don't know any different and will be comparing to cleaning it with a Vax and if it's a bit better then that's fine.

There are plenty of people it there who will have had a bad experience from this type of operator and once you set the right on where they went wrong and how you differ you will be more or less guaranteed the job.

When I started I was shown the ropes by a cleaning company who basically showed me to walk in and spray with multi pro or trafficlean I think it was, fill up the machine with extraction pro and start cleaning it out.i had happy customers to be fair, but once I learnt the correct way I started to make alot more profit on jobs and get far more happy reviews repeats and referrals

md_cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 08:16:47 am »
I agree with Lewis, nobody could do a proper job in an hour, leve them to the we want it cheap clients and target those that want a proper job doing.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 11:58:28 am »
Absolutely no point in my opinion, say you wanted £60 for a living room, but did a voucher for £20. Anyone who is looking for a £20 living room clean will likely never pay your £60 normal price. You won't have gained anything but experience and perhaps a bit of hate for the job and working for next to nothing.

The only way for cheap priced work to be viable is to cut corner,use inferior equipment or products,work from car etc etc

Start as you mean to go on, be flexible on price by all means ,maybe even a deal ? But the really cut price work and proper multi stage deep cleaning just don't go together.

All the best

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 12:54:36 pm »
Low prices are irrelevant to a customers who has never seen that low price,

advertise on Facebook where you will see adverts for 3 rooms for £50 and you will be trying to sell to a market that believes it cost £50 to clean 3 rooms. Find customer who have no  preconceived  idea what professional carpet cleaning cost and you can charge a premium price if you can give justification on why you charge such a price.

If your marketing finds the right customer then you can get a higher price
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 02:13:29 pm »
If you have the correct equipment and procedures and confidence voucher cleaning  should never come into your cleaning     I feel.  Your price should be 50%
More than any other voucher  or flyer deal that's craps through your door  you will be surprised.   What you can charge and get considering.  The job your do. Your almost giving these people new carpets.
 At the fraction of the cost.