This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

What's the ideal pw van?
« on: December 18, 2020, 05:13:13 pm »
Hi All
I am looking at getting a van purely for pressure washing and soft washing in the New Year.  I need space for  a 600 litre buffer tank a 200 litre tank for the softwash set up, the washer, a mazzoni hot box and the reels, lances etc etc.
I think I need around 1500 kg load capacity but I don't want an xl wheelbase.
What should I be looking at?  Has anyone got something suitable?
Cheers

Splash & dash

Re: What's the ideal pw van?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »
Hi All
I am looking at getting a van purely for pressure washing and soft washing in the New Year.  I need space for  a 600 litre buffer tank a 200 litre tank for the softwash set up, the washer, a mazzoni hot box and the reels, lances etc etc.
I think I need around 1500 kg load capacity but I don't want an xl wheelbase.
What should I be looking at?  Has anyone got something suitable?
Cheers

Generally with that payload there is little choice in the 3;5 ton vans , renault master mwb some models will give you up to 1640 kg ,

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:23:29 am »
I use a LWB high roof  Sprinter i purchased this as I wanted to fit a full size double ladder inside. If I remember correctly the longer wheel base decreases the load it can carry. I wouldn’t want to use anything smaller.

At the side door I have a full size water-cooled diesel jetter which takes up the full width of the door all the way back. It has a 400lt saddle tank over the wheel arch. At the back an electric hot washer. With the gutter vac and brushes etc the van is full

With anything smaller I would be leaving stuff at home

I have no problem with the size and never have a problem parking at customers homes
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 11:52:05 am »
XXL  wheelbases are usually less payload than a long wheel base or medium

Question, why do you need 2 tanks - soft washing isn't dependent on pure water I'd sort out plumbing to allow individual use as and when required

Citroen relay is 1.5 tonne  payload

Your only other option would be to travel to and from jobs with 1/2 a tank of water so keeping under weight and fill while setting up and leave site with only half a tank of water

We do this when carriage 2 hotboxes and extra gear - I also invested in updated rear springs for the transit

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 01:37:09 pm »
Cheers Guys. I appreciate the responses.
I have the 200 litre tank and reel etc for the Softwash side of things as it seemed the right solution for me. Can draw from a tap or main tank, add the chems and away I go.  Nice n easy 👍