Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Machine help
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:59:10 am »
I’m currently on a job and have no vac or pump but have heat, it’s a cfr 500 machine so 2 separate plugs one for heat and one for vacs and pump have tried all different plugs and still no joy any ideas?

john martin

Re: Machine help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 10:23:05 am »
Start with plug ...could be loose wire inside or plug fuse  blown.

Stephen burton

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 10:46:30 am »
Ok will give that a try. I don’t even have heater power now

john martin

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 10:48:53 am »
Check the house trip switches ...if you haven't already

Stephen burton

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 02:53:29 pm »
Nothing tripped and I use them breaker plugs and they are both fine, wondering if some electrics have got wet inside some how, I changed a fuse in one plug when I got home turned it on and it tripped my socket straight away

john martin

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 03:11:40 pm »
More than likely a dead vac  ....is that a single vac machine,   open it up and disconnect the vac ....see if pump works , if not disconnect pump and see if vac works .

Moisture related? Could be  but id say dead vac .

Stephen burton

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 07:18:50 pm »
It’s a twin van, will open it up tomorrow did sound strange once both vacs were on and deffo didn’t seem as powerful suction

homenclean

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 09:23:06 pm »
If you use rcd’s plug it in and switch each individual item on one at a time until the fault trips the rcd, if it was a leaky pump you would have found moisture on the floor or felt it on the underside of the machine.

Check the wiring for broken wires and the cable for lumps in it, can indicate the cable has broken inside.

Likes been said I would take a guess at the carbon brushes on one of the vacs have worn down.

John

Stephen burton

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 06:48:16 am »
I have tried a few things out and still can’t get any power to the machine changed fuses in plugs just trips straight away, I opened machine up but couldn’t really see much but it did smell of burning, I spoke to alltech to see when they could take a look but nothing until jan 25th does anyone know of a company not miles away from the Suffolk area who are good with machine repair? Cheers Stephen

john martin

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 11:01:57 pm »
if its easy to get to the back of the switches  ....   pull the connectors from the back of vac1 switch  ... plug in machine .... if still tripping .... pull connectors  off vac2 switch  ...if still tripping ...pull connectors off pump .
you might isolate whats causing it this way  ... most likely one of the vacs burned out .