This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

anderclean

Re: Pressure Washer set-up ....for an old guy !!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 05:09:01 pm »
Chelmsford
 Essex

Be happy to travel for an hour or even a half hour chat

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2020, 08:04:20 pm »
The works in Essex were at the Witham Morrisons - just down the road.

Fuel station canopy, fuel station carwash (inside & out), walkways round kiosk, carwash, fuel fill area, fuel station back wall and one of the dirtiest cladded sides (on a store) i've ever seen.

Also in Brentwood last month as well.

I cleaned the Chelmsford Sainsbury's around 2012/13.

Do lots down there - I'll let you know if I am still going/living.

So close but yet so far!!

anderclean

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2020, 09:26:40 am »
thanks for your help guys
couple more q's

having done much research, i'm thinkng along the lines that the  p/w  would stay in the van 90+% of the time and only come out if really neccessary (and with 2 men on the job !) - we are one man to a van mostly...
Or even having it fixed and not doing work it wouldn't reach !
looked at dirty drive-aways set up - and tho great exceeds my budget

can this work with a smaller set up ?
does the machine have to be substantially more powerful to work at a distance ?
what about exhaust fumes in the van ?

tia

TomCrowther

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2020, 10:03:35 am »
Fifty meters of hose is normally plenty for getting round 99% of houses. No drop off of the pressure with a Honda or other decent manufacturer👍
Re the fumes. The machine needs to breathe and therefore the rear doors have to be open.

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2020, 10:57:43 am »
There is a mathematical equations for the drop in pressure ( no don't ask me ) but it's not a lot I've run my gx390 with 200 meters of hose without any real difference in operation - as standard I hav 80 meters on a reel so it's always going through a fair bit of hose

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2020, 12:39:42 pm »
Is it sad that I know it's 23 psi per 100 foot.

You won't notice it at all

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 01:34:56 pm »

After speaking with Ben I had this beast delivered Friday. Wow what a difference.

So a like for like - this is the machine that Darren bought and there was a recent thread on it. Great looking machine, should last the lifetime of your business (if looked after, oils changed, serviced, new filters, don't let it run dry).

This does not come with the hose reel as standard - it is an optional extra and also hoses, lances, nozzles will be extra but so are mine.

None of the pricing on their site is out of the ordinary.

My preference is for longer hoses because I work much further away from the van and I pay similar for all parts.

Comparison to mine -  36HP, 200 bar, 3000 psi @ 41 LPM against 23 HP, 300bar @ 25LPM - this becomes the minefield that people don't understand.

36/25 HP is just the amount of grunt the engine has to power the pump, 200/300 bar/psi is the amount of force the surface is hit with by the water flow from the pump and the flow 41/25 is the amount of water that goes alongside the bar/PSI.

All in all they are a very similar side by side machine - if I had any intention of staying in pressure washing and or my machine failed me in the next however long that would be a definite contender.

Petrol will always be more to run than diesel engines, the lads will tell you but somewhere around £12/15.00 per day? as opposed to a fiver per day.

Diesel pressure washers are always a lot more expensive to buy. If you want a Deutz engine substantially more to buy.

What water tank are you having - IBC tank - plenty of space required in the van once the machine and extras are in with it.

I don't like the idea of wheelie bins sat on someones drive. The tank is your buffer against what is going in to what is doing the cleaning.

If you are operating on residential then an average supply may be at best 20 LPM, through a 15 mm hose but could be much lower.
Operating fully commercial hydrants are hired and through a 22mm hose a fill can be as quick as 20 minutes but there are additional costs to hiring hydrants, finding one near the works and the possibility you may need to drive to get the fill.

If you are on constant fill ( a residential) at 20 LPM but are using 25 LPM you need to get onto water as quickly as you get there, start setting your stuff out, which shouldn't be long, because it's just hoses out and connect lance, let say 500 litres of water into the tank, your buffer and start work, eventually you will drain the tank but only at 5LPM and may finish the job without having to stop.

Exhausting the machine. it can come out of the side door, rear doors, through the floor and or a chimney through the roof.

On mine I had a stainless steel exhaust manufactured and it goes out of the back door.

You can use flexi exhaust and put it through the floor but whatever exhaust you use wrap it in exhaust wrap because it bloody burns when (not if) you catch your leg/arm or hand!

Lances for me are not standard.

A typical lance will be trigger with QR connector to the hose, mine are, then lance fixed to the trigger, mine are quick release bayonet fittings. This allows me to change lances without turning the machine off, even FSC, then down the lance a fixed nozzle, so you may need one set up with a turbo and one for flat.

Mine are split flow, so two adjustable pieces of lance tubing with a small tap that allows flow down both lances to rinse at reduced pressure, then onto another QR to insert flat or turbo nozzles.

Hopefully explanatory but if you have further questions get them posted.

anderclean

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2020, 03:54:41 pm »
thanks guys

like the look of that kit,
but with fsc, hoses lances etc. and all other accessories, would be looking around 4 to 4 and a half k plus
hoping to get started on about 3 to 3 and a half k max - if possible

will be 95% resesidential and very rarely be further than 75 metres from van,
(i know the distances from running wfp hoses everyday)

negative feed tank in van is 550 litres

re: fumes - even with the doors open, don't it stink out and dirty everything inside the van ?

like the flexi-exhaust idea

also want chemical application options...

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2020, 04:12:33 pm »
If you worry about the exhaust fumes coming back into the van then exhaust it through the floor with flexi - no fumes

You need - say that machine (without reel), one lance, one flat nozzle, one turbo nozzle, two hoses & a Whirlaway.

Easily done on 3 to 3.5

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2020, 04:14:56 pm »
Or go for a 21 LPM machine from Rutland - everything said applies, still a decent machine, easily good enough for residential and small commercial and leaves you enough for the accessories.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 06:05:39 pm »
rob - slightly off subject

I had a gx 390 repaired - oil leak on gasket - engine runs fine but after 30 second the pump blew a nut out - went like a bullet 😳 - then water everywhere  I found the nut/plug but out of shape where it hit a steel plate - it's an inter pump (not ws202) newer model I think 

First pump failure I've had in 8 years - any ideas

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2020, 07:04:16 pm »
Is this one of the brass ones that the pistons go into?

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2020, 07:13:53 am »
Not sure - because it's on the transit and that's just blown it's engine 😫😫

Looking at it with the pump head facing you it's one that's on the top - I'll get pics when the van gets towed in

Darran

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2020, 09:03:05 am »
Yes they are the piston bolts (or whatever they are).

I doubt very much that one of them can just explode off.

I'd say they've taken that one out, to refill with oil and either sheared it slightly or not 'glued' the thread.

If you were stood next to the machine you were very lucky that you never got hit.

When I first started we were going up in a picker, with the machine on, took us ages to get to the working height, pressed the trigger, nothing.

Came back down, pump shattered all over the van, boiled itself - it was everywhere.

Alternative option, not enough oil in the pump.

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »

I think it might have hurt 😆

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 01:36:38 pm »
Ouch! - so a replacement pump and a new van? 10 days before Christmas.

'Ho Ho Ho'

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2020, 02:49:07 pm »
You think the pump is cream crackered?

Van sorted - no diesel 🤣🤣 fuel gauge faulty reading full 🤪

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2020, 03:13:48 pm »
How the feck do you get engine blown up from no fuel - (shaking head slowly from side to side)  ;D

If you can get someone to re-tap it and get a new plug should be fine.

Was there clean oil over the van or any oil at all?

Smudger

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2020, 04:07:15 pm »
From which the pump or the van engine ?

No - nothing from either 😂

I got a call at 3pm Saturday telling the van was traveling at 60 then it all just lost power  - my guy wasn't sure if he saw smoke etc... called in the AA - in their opinion it was either oil cooler failure or timing chain snapped

Thankfully I have a guy who's semi retired and a transit freak - after fiddling around for 2 hours he dipped the tank and found I bone dry 🤪   

Fuel gauge was reading full - in fairness to the guy we have a couple of us who drive it and tend to keep vehicles full of fuel so this little problem slipped through the net

Darran

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2020, 11:41:16 am »
How the feck do you get engine blown up from no fuel - (shaking head slowly from side to side)  ;D

If you can get someone to re-tap it and get a new plug should be fine.

Was there clean oil over the van or any oil at all?

Clean oil from the pressure washer pump, and or any oil at all?

If there was no oil when the nut flew off the pump then there was none in there, they hadn't filled it up when the seal was replaced.