Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

what would you do
« on: December 04, 2020, 09:11:57 pm »

I cant believe I had a local competitor pop up on a local selling site advertising his services, that doesnt bother me,
the fact he actually is using one of my videos from my pages does.

What would you do? 

Guess I ought to take it as a compliment really

Geoff 
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

dustee

Re: what would you do
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 11:17:10 pm »
A polite  request that this is removed forthwith  or legal proceedings will be taken against

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:35:38 am »
Ignore it. It has no effect on your business, threatening legal action would be just be ignored as they know you will be bluffing.

Who is it?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 07:51:34 am »

I wouldnt go down the route of legal action Mike, not worth the hassle.

Who is is ? 1 guess ,i know you will get it in 1.

I am assuming majority of his vids and pics are other peoples as well as mine .
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 09:56:19 am »
Just ignore it, like I said  it won’t harm your business. I’ve just watched it and it’s not a good video anyhow :D

If he had rang you up and asked if he could use the video because he’s having a hard time and is trying to get some work from Facebook, (because you are a helpful guy) you would have let him..... so really it’s just the same but he just forgot to ask ;)

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 10:47:30 am »
Give him a call, after introducing yourself and asking him how business is going etc..,  politely ask him if he would be kind enough to  ask before using a video next time, and leave it at that. He may be embarrassed enough to remove it. its unlikely he will do it again, and there wont be any animosity.

dustee

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 08:58:24 pm »
Why ignore the guy is blatantly using your videos to gain work , so the guy comes round to see your wife , its ok im helping him out

YEAH RIGHT

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 07:54:57 am »
Dustee do you know the guy? Me and Geoff do hence my advice to ignore him,   legal threats will be ignored and just cost Geoff time and money.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 12:54:24 pm »
Hi

So given what Mike has said this might get worse so you will need to think about the next time.  there is a thing on the internet at the moment with videos, that you can contact the platform and make a claim that say the music in the video is yours and they have to remove the video until the other person can prove it not, the big problem is that most of the claims are false. but this claim system might work for you not sure if it works for words or images but i bet if you had a read around on photography sites you get an answer just in case, he uses those next time.

Thank your lucky stars it's not a troll I have had a few and they can be a real pain. i would also say start to water mark your videos. you can get around these, but it takes some work and most of this type will not put in that time.

The fact that you are asking this question means that you might be angry. that's natural sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. well done

the big problem for you can come if you have a style of some type if he uses that then people will think your the same and if he produces terrible work now that's a problem. then you have to have a word with him and take action to protect yourself.

Respects

Ian Harper

dustee

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 07:39:28 pm »
Ok so why not watermark the videos

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 07:41:31 pm »

Think I will give a call tomorrow , he still using , I did put a comment n asking him to remove as it was my work, with a link to my web site ,  :)   how ever either he can remove my comment or he taken the post completely of and reposted.

It is more niggling than annoying .

Geoff

Antoin O

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 11:49:06 pm »
Some people have no morals  :(

Will Sterling

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 01:35:30 pm »
Report his page whatever platform it is on will have it taken down

https://www.bonuscleaning.co.uk/