Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david knowles

carpet cleaning training
« on: December 02, 2020, 12:29:07 pm »
Hello Folks about 10 years ago I started   Carpet cleaning business I went on a  Training course in the northwest area  it was the first  one started by a carpet cleaner and was a full day of marketing, hard floor cleaning , one guy repaired a leather sofa  that started like it was out of a skip,and an american guy cleaned a  rug with loads of suds outside he did high end London properties, There were some suppliers I think  John the geordie guy from newcastle way was up there.I just wondered did it keep going .
I found it really helpful much more practical than the  course I did in Nottingham. Oh I did one job which was cheap corded carpet which I didnt charge for as in my opinion  it didnt clean properly probably the carpets fault,then I had to go into hospital to get a tube in my stomach for diaylsis. so no lifting whatsoever .I sold all my gear,and my dreams of being a carpet cleaning millionaire ended.I was just wondering . Hope your all getting plenty of work during these times Dave Knowles
I used to be a tight Yorkshire git ! but now im a recycle Eco warrior.

RPCCS

Re: carpet cleaning training
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 09:00:55 pm »
I guess you are talking about John Kelly from Restormate?  I trained under John 2 years ago, also with Derek at Cleansmart. John advertises training courses on his website but obviously no dates due to covid. I speak to John on facebook quite often of  I am unsure about something. He's always happy to provide advice and has been a great mentor to me. Top bloke
Cheers Rich