Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

diesel heater booked in for a service....
« on: December 01, 2020, 05:49:22 pm »
next week..... :)

i noticed this morning that once my heater had fired up it shut down again straight away and i had plumes of white smoke bellowing out of the exhaust pipe!this is the first time this has ever happened...then it fired up again and its been fine all day.......it didnt seem quite as hot as usual but ambient air temperature was 2c first thing and the water temperature was 3c before i fired up the heater....

so im thinking it could be a burner issue?im not sure but itll get sorted next week.....the burner is also making a bit of a weird sound like its choked up intermittently....and its almost as if the heater is in half heat mode sometimes when it should be firing on all cylinders!
price higher/work harder!

Gringo

Re: diesel heater booked in for a service....
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 05:54:21 pm »
Thanks for letting us know

NWH

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 06:01:50 pm »
Probably burner but it’s not always that I had my other heater without replacing the burner for years and it still produced very hot water,sometimes the white smoke can be a fuel issue or something to do with software.
I had this spoke to Oliver have you tried resetting the unit by removing the fuse powering it on and waiting 10’seconds before replacing the fuse,look in the manual it tells you how to do it.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 06:05:31 pm »
Probably burner but it’s not always that I had my other heater without replacing the burner for years and it still produced very hot water,sometimes the white smoke can be a fuel issue or something to do with software.
I had this spoke to Oliver have you tried resetting the unit by removing the fuse powering it on and waiting 10’seconds before replacing the fuse,look in the manual it tells you how to do it.

its recommended to change the burner every year as a matter of course.....my heater is 3 years old on sunday used day in/day out without a service so its overdue....it wont do it any harm........

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 06:06:10 pm »
Can you supply the exact date for the service, and pictures of events throughout the day I wouldn't want to miss anything...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 06:22:52 pm »
Silly me, I thought you were using cold 12 months ago. How time flies  ::)roll
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 06:23:18 pm »
Mine lasted just under 6 years and had over 12,000 hours run time on it when they downloaded the information from the unit , in that time it was never serviced , and ran flat out 7-8 hours a day  5 days a week , sounds like yours will need a new screen and pin it’s only when it’s taken apart that they will know exactly what’s needed mine needed a whole new combustion Chainbure assembly, not cheap but well worth it as far as Ime concerned.

deeege

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 06:38:28 pm »
Will you be taking your Mrs for an overnighter to see the delights of Bolton whilst it’s being serviced?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 06:40:30 pm »
Every year 🤣 complete rubbish if ever I’ve heard it who told you that the bloke standing in front of you with his hand out lol,my burner produced hot water for nearly 8-9 years without being replaced.

tlwcs

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 06:41:29 pm »
Will there be cake on Sunday, or just a few cold water users wishing it well?

NWH

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 06:42:58 pm »
I reckon you got a Friday heater Daz 🤣

NWH

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 06:43:30 pm »
Never like the upright heaters they are jinxed.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 06:50:32 pm »
Mine lasted just under 6 years and had over 12,000 hours run time on it when they downloaded the information from the unit , in that time it was never serviced , and ran flat out 7-8 hours a day  5 days a week , sounds like yours will need a new screen and pin it’s only when it’s taken apart that they will know exactly what’s needed mine needed a whole new combustion Chainbure assembly, not cheap but well worth it as far as Ime concerned.

Mine too was never serviced I changed the burner after 8-9 years the heat exchanger after probably 5 the fuel pump seemed to go on forever and was changed after almost 10 years,ok if you want the warranty you need it servicing every year but you would be unlucky to need anything doing to it for a fair while after the warranty has come and gone.
The landscape cabinet I have is more difficult to work on as everything is tight in there but the uprights are easy enough to work on,there’s lot of space in the uprights especially like yours Daz as you only have 1 heat exchanger.

zesty

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 07:06:05 pm »
Thanks for letting us know

One of the comments of the year that!

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:33 pm »
Three years old on Sunday! Seems like yesterday  :'(.

I reckon NWH is organising something special. Maybe a surprise visit from Daz's old gas heater and eyebrows.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:53 pm »
Forget about chopping the Golf in next year then Dazmond.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 07:41:32 pm »
Oh God! Not another date night 🙄

NWH

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 07:50:42 pm »
Three years old on Sunday! Seems like yesterday  :'(.

I reckon NWH is organising something special. Maybe a surprise visit from Daz's old gas heater and eyebrows.
No that’s the following week Griff this week I’ve organised a bit of a get together it’s called “Misery Night”what we do is we all sit round and have a moan about this Coronavirus whoever manages to get the group crying first wins 🤣🤣🤣,god blimey bill get a grip man.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 07:52:43 pm »
What I’m trying to do is ween the group of Covid gradually during all the discussions we have about it otherwise I dread to think what they’ll fill their moaning time with when it’s over  🤣🤣🤣.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 10:28:33 pm »
Forget about chopping the Golf in next year then Dazmond.

Whys that then spruce?