Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.J.M

Airflex pro cords
« on: November 30, 2020, 09:21:05 pm »
I may take my machine in for tweeking to clean smart I have an external heater magma at the moment    I was thing maybe get one built in is the heater inside the machine or bolted on the back  does this mean two leads from the machine or do they wire it up so there's only one cord coming from it   

Iam regularly using 100 m.    I use  the magma close  to the wand.   I was thinking if I get another one but built in it may loose heat at 100 m Icould  I get some. Good heat using then in tandem  or not
How many cords

dustee

Re: Airflex pro cords
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:36:44 pm »
Do you mean you want to use two heaters at the same time ! if so that a bit ott , if your hapy with the set up you've got and happy with results then i'd leave well alone 

M.J.M

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 09:43:56 pm »
Do you mean you want to use two heaters at the same time ! if so that a bit ott , if your hapy with the set up you've got and happy with results then i'd leave well alone

No I wasn't going to run it all the time  like that.  The magma I have is 6 years old without the one I have now would the built in heater be ok or would it loose a lot of heat I sometimes run 140ft from machine
Ism conserved about my external. One breaking and then having no heat

john martin

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 10:15:38 pm »
If your magma is still working ok  ... then feeding it with another heater at the machine base will give you way better consistent heat .
Im not sure what cleansmart would recommend or be willing to do in that regard  ..

The common types of heater cores available tend to be  ...  a single core (rated about 1000w or what ever rod they decide to fit )
Then two of those single cores joined together  to make a 2000w or thereabouts  , thats what tends to come with the sandia sniper based machines ( airflex mini , alltec express , and red thing nick sells   :D )
The heater core in the magma  ... ( iv never seen it ) but could be a single block dual core  ,(two aprox 1500w rods ) like as is used in the cfr that  amtech sells .
You can see the heater core typed here .
http://www.steambrite.com/internal-heater-upgrade-installation-carpet-cleaning-machine-p-191.html

As for your options of getting a heater fitted into the Pro ? you have .  You could go for either the 3kw magma ...the 2000w smaller heater  ...   or even just a 1000w if it was just for feeding the magma  , i think the 2000w would be enough .
you could also get a switch to knock off one of the two 1000w heaters at times (alltec do that )

If you were to convert your machine to a dual 6.6  ( which would be a two cord ... it might be possible to wire a 1000w core to each cord ...maintaining it as a dual cord .
You will have to get an extra cord for any heater you add if your machine is a single cord now .

One disadvantage is increased weight with built in heaters .

M.J.M

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 07:07:58 am »
If your magma is still working ok  ... then feeding it with another heater at the machine base will give you way better consistent heat .
Im not sure what cleansmart would recommend or be willing to do in that regard  ..

The common types of heater cores available tend to be  ...  a single core (rated about 1000w or what ever rod they decide to fit )
Then two of those single cores joined together  to make a 2000w or thereabouts  , thats what tends to come with the sandia sniper based machines ( airflex mini , alltec express , and red thing nick sells   :D )
The heater core in the magma  ... ( iv never seen it ) but could be a single block dual core  ,(two aprox 1500w rods ) like as is used in the cfr that  amtech sells .
http://www.steambrite.com/internal-heater-upgrade-installation-carpet-cleaning-machine-p-191.html

As for your options of getting a heater fitted into the Pro ? you have .  You could go for either the 3kw magma ...the 2000w smaller heater  ...   or even just a 1000w if it was just for feeding the magma  , i think the 2000w would be enough .
you could also get a switch to knock off one of the two 1000w heaters at times (alltec do that )

If you were to convert your machine to a dual 6.6  ( which would be a two cord ... it might be possible to wire a 1000w core to each cord ...maintaining it as a dual cord .
You will have to get an extra cord for any heater you add if your machine is a single cord now .

Yes it's the weight and the cord that's the issue.    Thanks.  For the  info. Not sue what Iam  going to do here 👍

Steve_Knight

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 08:02:52 am »

Steve_Knight

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 08:03:45 am »
Hi John

What do you reckon to the Sandia machines?

Cheers Steve

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 05:16:31 pm »
Steve , they must be doing something right if alltec and cleansmart use the same body for thier machines, i guess time will tell

john martin

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 09:14:00 pm »
Hi John

What do you reckon to the Sandia machines?

Cheers Steve

well , i just retired one  , an Alltec express  , my upstairs machine for the last 3 years i think .

I think they have enough design to function and enough build quality to not fall apart   ...   They are cheap and will sell on price alone.   But if you think you are getting an Enforcer /Airflex /Alltec proper for a cheaper price  , your not really . You are getting just about what you paid for .

I list some cons and pros  ...

Cons .
 Its very basic build quality  ...  shake it side ways ... the back wheel wobbles, not gonna fall off but itd indicative of the general sturdiness or lack of.

Front castors on most if not all have no lock  ( a nuisance booth in the van and positioning it on slopes etc )

Internal plumbing ... 1.5"  ... the like of a miniflex have a larger bore internal .

Cant trust it not to let water in -  this was a biggie for me ,  i only had it a couple of months , pulled it off the van in a sudden downpour ... wheeled it 20  yards to the house ...and it tripped, all it took was a brief shower to get water inside .
Also ... a clumsy bucket pour  .... if water surges to the back of the lid as u pour ... there are gaps beside the switch panel which seem to let water reach the inside .   (After this i went to drastic lengths to make it water proof )

there is no proper place to store cables on it ....  thats because its American  , and the usa version come with pigtales /detachable cords , so it would not even occur to the designer to build a cable wrap system .

No loading wheels on the 12gallon version .... sure  youl lift the 6 gallon into the van  , but the bigger one ?  back strain potential.

Build quality again  .... the bolts holding the motor to the underside of the waste tank ... bolts are screwed into little self-tapping inserts ( there is a proper name for these i cant think of ) they are about an inch long ... over time the dropping machine down steps etc must put strain on these as they were supporting two vacs in my series one .   Anyway one popped out  .... after its out it never really sits in strong again , glue it for a while ...comes out again , a nuisance if you just starting a job as the vacuum is lost as the vac hangs loose from the mounting plate.  The like of this would never happen on an airflex for eg .

The built in heater that come with them ... at most 2000w    , uk machines will offer 3000w , its again to do with it being of usa origin , thats all they can use over there and thats what they designed space to fit .

Pros  - its fairly cheap  ,  its usable . But there is just nothing great about it . 

Steve_Knight

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 11:48:43 pm »
Hi John....Thanks for such a comprehensive reply.

I have not long walked in from work and turned my TruckMount off at 9:45pm!!

We have @ HydraMaster 575s and only use a portable system 1-3 times a year.

A good friend of mine has recently purchased the AirFlex Mini HX which I tried out last week one evening>

I must say was very impressed with the HX so don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on something that will be sitting in my garage/unit.

Thanks Steve

john martin

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 08:25:20 pm »
Just to investigate what i said about the sandias letting in water easy   .... i dismantled the  clean/waste tanks  to see how they are joined together .
I know its a bit like alan partridge dismantling his corby trouser press  , but some might be interested .

Any yellow stuff in the pics ... is from me filling the wiring tunnel and gaps between the  tanks with expanding foam a while back .

So really if you look at the sandia  , there is really no seal between the tanks  ... and any gaps beside the switch panel in the other pic allow water into the machine via the wiring tunnel ( which iv filled solid in the pic with foam )

john martin

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 08:31:05 pm »

Just contrast that with the Enforcer ... pictured with the clean and waste tank pulled apart  ...
There is an integrated neoprene gasket  ... to which the other tank is bolted strongly to  ... ensuring a spill or rain cant get inside the machine.

john martin

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 08:34:13 pm »
the lesson is  ...    you get what you pay for  ....  UK has the best-engineered machines  ...   stay clear of anything with an American origin, portable wise     

M.J.M

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 03:08:22 pm »
the lesson is  ...    you get what you pay for  ....  UK has the best-engineered machines  ...   stay clear of anything with an American origin, portable wise   

I couldn't agree more and stay well off flea bay