Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren symes

Loss in pressure
« on: November 30, 2020, 05:25:35 pm »
Good evening fellas. I'm currently using a kiam 3600dxrplus but upgrading early next year. Question i have is at the machine its showing 4000psi but on squeezing the gun pressure drops to 2000psi. I know pressure will drop but its down to 138 bar when product details say 240 bar maximum pressure. Am I missing something? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mike Halliday

Re: Loss in pressure
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 05:59:02 pm »
The pressure of 4000psi is the trapped pressure, once you pull the trigger the working pressure will be set by the size of your jet/s

There’s nothing wrong with your pump

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Darren symes

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 06:15:06 pm »
Cheers Mike
So to get more pressure out of the lance I need to tighten up on the nozzles is that right?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 09:04:11 pm »
Adjusting the jet will effect the pressure but will lower the flow, you will never get the gauge to keep at 4000psi while working that’s not how pumps work.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 09:05:07 pm »
Thats not exactly correct Mike - while using the incorrect nozzle size will effect pressure it also alters the LPM ( flow ) - you should always be using the correct nozzle size that matches the machine LMP and pressure

You need to adjust the unloader - this depends on which type you have   -

my first machine had a k1  no adjustment - just full power  I changed to these

so I can adjust the pressure from full pressure3000 PSI down to 200 PSI - depending on what work im doing

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Darren symes

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 06:56:50 am »
Thats not exactly correct Mike - while using the incorrect nozzle size will effect pressure it also alters the LPM ( flow ) - you should always be using the correct nozzle size that matches the machine LMP and pressure

You need to adjust the unloader - this depends on which type you have   -

my first machine had a k1  no adjustment - just full power  I changed to these

so I can adjust the pressure from full pressure3000 PSI down to 200 PSI - depending on what work im doing

Darran

Thanks for the reply Darren.
I have similar unloader to that and I do adjust when less power is required was just a bit disappointed yesterday when I had to clean some  block paving caked in clay and wasn't convinced I was getting the most from the machine. I'm gonna give Rutland pumps a  call this morning and order a full set of nozzles for the machine correct size as I don't think what came with it are correct. 15 lpm max pressure 3750psi should be 3.5 tips im sure mine are wider than that.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 10:05:48 am »
You may f d you need a new unloader they get “soft” over time - I’ve just replaced one of mine this week
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Darren symes

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 03:49:00 pm »
New unloader valve went on yesterday Darren as thought that might have been the problem. Spoke to Ben from Rutland earlier and explained a lot to me just waiting on a quote from him for a new machine looks like I'll be upgrading before Xmas

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 07:24:57 pm »
Good stuff, the unloaded make a difference ?

Ben will see you right

Darran

Darren symes

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 08:53:29 pm »
Good stuff, the unloaded make a difference ?

Ben will see you right

Darran

No mate no difference at all. Tweaked the throttle a bit and gained a bit but not much. Reckon I'll place order with ben tomorrow.
My brother has just offered me hes zeta 250bar 30ltm including whirlaway all hoses and guns and lances for a grand only thing is its been sat in a barn for over 10 years and a cogg needs replacing somewhere and a few other issues with the pump so torn whether to repair or buy new.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 10:28:59 pm »
NEW

Darren symes

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 11:43:36 am »

After speaking with Ben I had this beast delivered Friday. Wow what a difference.

anderclean

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 04:25:09 pm »
Wow Darren
that looks like a beast
My concern would be weight and maneuverability
It looks really heavy
Are you one man, in and out off the van with that ?
Van ramps obviously
Or are you working with it in the van ?

Darren symes

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 06:04:41 pm »
Wow Darren
that looks like a beast
My concern would be weight and maneuverability
It looks really heavy
Are you one man, in and out off the van with that ?
Van ramps obviously
Or are you working with it in the van ?
I'm a one man band but when doing a roof clean I always have a man with me. It will be staying in the van as was the last one but if I do need to take it out I have a folding mobility scooter ramp.

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 12:13:32 pm »
The problem you are having (I think) with a loss of pressure, when the trigger is pressed, is the same as one I had a good while back, on one of my other machines.

Pump & it's a piston/s, so it'll keep the pressure until it tries to push the water out.

Mine was on an Annovi Reverbi pump and it was easier to just replace the pump.

This is the spec of yours -

https://equipmentsuperstore.co.uk/cleaning/pressure-washer/diesel-pressure-washer/kiam-km3600dx-plus-industrial-diesel-pressure-washer-10hp-with-30m-hose-reel.html

It's a 3 piston pump, no branded name but at least it has 'German seals'.

If you buy this spec of machine, which is a brand - no disrespect, Like Loncin, Wolf & others they are virtually throwaway.

I'm very aware that budget is a deciding factor when people buy machines but that current price has had £1000.00 knocked off the price and they're still making money selling it.

You could have had a -

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/watertek-petrol-pressure-washers.html for £1300.00.

If I knacker an engine, pump or other part on mine it can easily be replaced.

Possible you could get a pump replacement but  faffing around with non brand is downtime.

Two options -

Phone Julian @ Britclean (Biddulph, Staffordshire) to see if he can do anything with it (other repair shops are available but I trust Julian and he's repaired, serviced & replaced my machines for 15 years)

Bin it and go with one of the suggestions.

Darren symes

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 04:44:08 pm »
The problem you are having (I think) with a loss of pressure, when the trigger is pressed, is the same as one I had a good while back, on one of my other machines.

Pump & it's a piston/s, so it'll keep the pressure until it tries to push the water out.

Mine was on an Annovi Reverbi pump and it was easier to just replace the pump.

This is the spec of yours -

https://equipmentsuperstore.co.uk/cleaning/pressure-washer/diesel-pressure-washer/kiam-km3600dx-plus-industrial-diesel-pressure-washer-10hp-with-30m-hose-reel.html

It's a 3 piston pump, no branded name but at least it has 'German seals'.

If you buy this spec of machine, which is a brand - no disrespect, Like Loncin, Wolf & others they are virtually throwaway.

I'm very aware that budget is a deciding factor when people buy machines but that current price has had £1000.00 knocked off the price and they're still making money selling it.

You could have had a -

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/watertek-petrol-pressure-washers.html for £1300.00.

If I knacker an engine, pump or other part on mine it can easily be replaced.

Possible you could get a pump replacement but  faffing around with non brand is downtime.

Two options -

Phone Julian @ Britclean (Biddulph, Staffordshire) to see if he can do anything with it (other repair shops are available but I trust Julian and he's repaired, serviced & replaced my machines for 15 years)

Bin it and go with one of the suggestions.
I've just taken delivery of new machine from rutland pumps

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 08:07:29 pm »
Senility - It'll get us all.

That little thing - that's not a pressure washer.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 09:42:29 pm »

After speaking with Ben I had this beast delivered Friday. Wow what a difference.

That’s a beast , I wouldn’t want to get it in and out of the van though I have the 14 hp version and that’s heavy enough lovely machine Ime sure it will do you well