Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuartb

Gardiner twisting pole valve VS Univalve
« on: November 29, 2020, 12:02:10 pm »
I use a univalve at the moment and was considering swapping to the gardener version. Just wondered peoples opinions?

Spruce

Re: Gardiner twisting pole valve VS Univalve
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:13:01 pm »
I use a univalve at the moment and was considering swapping to the gardener version. Just wondered peoples opinions?

Its out of stock atm.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 12:40:03 pm »
I bought one a few weeks ago to replace the univalve.
Their first version put so much strain on the pole joints this latest version has stopped that.
The problem I’ve found now is when you work with the pole to your right, with perhaps a parked car stopping  direct access, it turns the water off. I did use it with a swivel neck.
I’ve since gone back to the overpriced univalve
Tony

JandS

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 04:22:11 pm »
Same here it keeps turning itself off when using it with swivel.....I rinse on though......it's free to a good home I'm sticking with univalve.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 04:47:34 pm »
I've got both......they both have their advantages and disadvantages....

I find I can turn the water on accidentally when the pole hose snags with a univalve and sometimes its awkward to turn off with the pole fully extended at an angle....other than it's great IMO...

The Gardiner valve sometimes turns off as your scrubbing away at height  and esp when cleaning sills and i have no water control if I change to a carbon gooseneck......
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 05:29:46 pm »
I found the twist on/off was only suitable for straight forward window cleaning - as mentioned anything at an angle can lead to it turning off - I found it a complete pain for soffit/fascia and gutter cleaning types of work where you scrub around gutters etc where it can constantly turn off

univalve may not be the perfect tool but is the best by a long way.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 05:49:32 pm »
I find both to be great bits of kit.  However, I prefer the way the twist valve works and the fact that spares are available for it.

I also use mine with a swivel and experience similar un-commanded shutoff issues when working in some restricted spaces.  However, I stuck with it and now its quite a rare occurrence.  I'd say it's worth a try.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.