Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Please help
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:16:28 am »
Hi guys thanks for reading,I'm from the window cleaning section and need your help
We have faux suede  tub chair high stools in our kitchen,my son has had a leaking bic biro which has marked two of the chairs
The  pen has permanat ink,
Is there anyway this can be removed ? If yes what do I need to purchase

Many thanks

Mike Halliday

Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 10:41:11 am »
This is a problem for a professional but here goes ;).....

Press a damp piece of kitchen roll against it, does any of the ink transfer onto the roll? If so get lots of roll and try and transfer it off

Get a cotton bud and your wife’s nail varnish remover (acetone) wet with the solution with the bud and touch the ink, does it transfer onto the bud? If so again very carefully try and absorb it of the fabric

The problem is not finding what will dissolve the ink and help remove it, the problem is making things worse by either damaging the fabric or spreading the ink so it looks worse
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 05:41:09 pm »
Thanks for that Mike much appreciated will give it a go

Nobby

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:47:41 pm »
I would echo Mike’s  warning about damaging the fabric, Faux Suede is a flocked fabric which is held together with adhesive so if a solvent is allowed to get to the backing the fabric  will fall apart.  Chemspec Ink Exit and Prochem Ink Solv are effective water based spotter that carry less risk. Again as Mike said the key is being able to remove the ink once it’s been broken down, water extraction is the best way.  I’d recommend you contact a good professional for this one.

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 08:07:13 am »
Many thanks,think I may get buy a new stool for a £100

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 08:30:01 am »
Many thanks,think I may get buy a new stool for a £100

I would give it a go, then if you do fook it up you can always buy a new one😎
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 06:55:59 am »
Hi mike,many thanks for the help,my wife cleaned stool as you suggested,all the ink came out,the acetone left a small faded are on fabric,but no one else would see it.
Thanks again