Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Pole sort out.....
« on: November 20, 2020, 12:42:17 pm »

2 SLX 25
4 XTREME(sections 4 and 5)
2 XTREME(section 1)

The 4 xtreme sections(4 and 5)are the sections that wear the least so really I only need to buy the 3 top sections to turn them into complete xtreme poles....the 2 xtreme 1 sections are handy to have as spares as these can snap or break quite easily....

I've chucked half a dozen other sections away(splintered in the middle or badly worn)
price higher/work harder!

Bungle

Re: Pole sort out.....
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 12:59:23 pm »
Cool story
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 01:04:49 pm »
oh the last pole section on the pic is a base section off an SLX22(with no end cap!)..... ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 05:18:54 pm »
Always wanted to peek inside Daz's pole museum 🤣🤣

drakestar!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 07:54:08 pm »
Yawn 🥱

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 11:07:01 pm »
Yawn 🥱

What do you do with your worn poles/sections mate?or do you sell them on Ebay after a year and buy another new pole?

drakestar!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 04:20:58 pm »
Worn out sections go in the bin mate

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 06:07:40 pm »
I get years from my wfp's. I re laquer them. The number 1 section of my Slx 25 snapped near the top a couple of years ago, cut each section a little shorter and kept as a spare, approx 21 ft now and as the most worn sections have been cut off, it's got a new lease of life.  I've also made a short pole in the past for washing the van/ bungalows from worn poles, even a telescopic gopro stick.
Some would call me a skin flint but considering what these carbon poles cost I re purpose them where I can. They don't biodegrade in landfill.

EandM

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
My dry, PTFE spray arrived today so looks like tomorrow is now mapped out.

richard connett

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 08:13:26 am »
Hi mate
How do you re lacquer your poles? I use metal tape to make clamping sections a bit like a xtremev2 but want to try something else.  Is it a spray ?
Cheers

I get years from my wfp's. I re laquer them. The number 1 section of my Slx 25 snapped near the top a couple of years ago, cut each section a little shorter and kept as a spare, approx 21 ft now and as the most worn sections have been cut off, it's got a new lease of life.  I've also made a short pole in the past for washing the van/ bungalows from worn poles, even a telescopic gopro stick.
Some would call me a skin flint but considering what these carbon poles cost I re purpose them where I can. They don't biodegrade in landfill.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 10:08:45 am »
Richard yes a spray. Clear engine lacquer from Halfords etc.
Strip the poles down, give them a good clean removing all tape. I'll sometimes roughen them a little with the finest wet and dry paper ( used wet with soapy water. A couple of light passes of spray lacquer over each section. Leave to dry over night and re tape. I do this approx every 6 months or when needed ( sometimes maybe just the first couple of sections ). Also dry PTFE spray like E&M does as and when needed.

richard connett

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:31 am »
Thanks !! I’m going to get down Halford’s today and try it cheers

Michael Peterson

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »
That’s some nice neat pointing though isn’t it

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 08:51:08 am »
Thanks !! I’m going to get down Halford’s today and try it cheers

It works, I've done it a few times.
I find using an Slx etc for 18 months then sell on ebay and buy a new one.
Almost free poling
Ebayers see gardiners and pay ridiculous prices 😁

richard connett

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 06:12:28 pm »
Worked like a treat !! I used an enamel lacquer from Halfords . I was dubious that it would just scrape straight off but I think it will last for a while
Cheers for the tip
Richard yes a spray. Clear engine lacquer from Halfords etc.
Strip the poles down, give them a good clean removing all tape. I'll sometimes roughen them a little with the finest wet and dry paper ( used wet with soapy water. A couple of light passes of spray lacquer over each section. Leave to dry over night and re tape. I do this approx every 6 months or when needed ( sometimes maybe just the first couple of sections ). Also dry PTFE spray like E&M does as and when needed.